Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ahh, Cold Hands, Warm Heart

From GoodReads

“Can the love of a lifetime be forever changed by one pink line?”


One Pink Line, by Dina Silver, is a heartwarming read. It’s one of those books that once you finish you say “ahh”. I loved it! It’s the story of a girl, Sydney, and a boy, Ethan, and the crazy path they follow into each other’s hearts. It’s also a story of another girl, Grace, who after finding out her life isn’t exactly as she thought it was, figures out it’s exactly the way it’s meant to be.

I loved the author’s use of differing points of view from different timelines. We get to see the beginning of the story and the present point in the story. I enjoyed getting to see how Sydney and Ethan come into one another’s lives and work to stay that way despite the distance of attending different colleges. It’s not always easy. They make mistakes. There were times, obviously, when I wanted to smack Sydney in the head. But then, I’m a firm believer in things working out the way they’re meant to be, and Ms. Silver definitely confirmed that belief. I also enjoyed the journey we get to take with Grace as she navigates the waters of growing up, figuring out who she is, and realizing she’s so very lucky to have the parents she has.

Overall, this is a lovely story and I highly recommend it.

I received this ebook from the publisher via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??