Saturday, August 10, 2013

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #6**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************


This week, Jaclyn is making us pick
One Third of a Love Triangle

Oh my goodness...I'll admit that one character, who happens to wear a duster (ahem, Robyn ;) and reads westerns immediately came to mind. But y'all know I don't always go with the obvious choice. :) So, I took a looong look at my shelves (what? I have a lot of books) and y'all know what I realized? There are LOTS of love triangles to choose from! *giggles*

I ended up going with a character from a series I don't think gets enough love....

Marc Ramos
from Rachel Vincent's Shifters series

If y'all haven't had the pleasure of reading this series, get to it ASAP. It's an incredible urban fantasy series, although it is categorized as a romance. It's gritty and has lots of action, suspense, violence...oh, and a little romance. ;) Rachel's shifters are werecats and that's just the beginning of the unique story she tells over the course of six books. Obviously, I'm a big fan of the series.

AND an even bigger fan of Marc! Marc is one third of the love triangle between Faythe (only daughter of the alpha of their Pride) and Jace. Marc was adopted into the pride after being infected. He was raised in Faythe's family and now works for the Pride as an Enforcer and is essentially the alpha's number 2. It also appears that Marc has been being groomed by Faythe's father to take over the Pride one day, although since Marc is technically a stray, he can't be the alpha without marrying Faythe. Faythe and Marc have been in a relationship since Faythe was young, and were even engaged. Over the course of the series, Marc tries to win back Faythe. Marc is gorgeous, determined, and very certain of what he wants in life.

*******************
"How long has Daddy been grooming you? How old was I when he chose you for me? Eight? Ten?"
 He had the decency to blush. "He didn't choose me, Faythe. You did."  - Faythe and Marc

"Are you awake? Do you understand what I'm saying?" he asked. Jace nodded slowly, flinching in pain. "What matters to you is what I say, not what she says, and certainly not what she does. No matter what you think you feel for her, it isn't mutual. She's just using you to make her father mad, and to make me jealous. And she's doing a damn fine job."  - Marc to Jace after finding Jace and Faythe in a compromising position

"I know when to quit, Faythe. I quit when my heart tells me there's no chance of success. But it's not telling me that. Not yet. Not about you.

...can ignore me for as long as you want. For the rest of the day, or the rest of the month. For five more years if that's what you need. But when you finally realize I'm right, I'll still be here waiting."  -Marc to Faythe



6 comments:

  1. You already sold me on this series, but I just decided to make it the first I read after I move. I'll just hop into my sister's room and snag the books. Here's me looking on the bright side. Duster, hmm. And just thinking about Richelle Mead gave me what love triangle I'm going to pick! Thanks, Brandee! I hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help with the bright side, Robyn! :) I know you'll love this series. It's fantastic. And when I first read this comment, I thought I knew which of Richelle's triangles you were going to go with...but nope! You surprised me. :)

      Delete
  2. He totally sounds like a character that I would love to pieces. I added this series to my to-read list. You told me I need to read it ASAP, and I have to admit an Urban Fantasy series with action and shifters is right up my alley. I don't know how I've missed it before. I love all the quotes! Thank you so much for sharing him, I really want to read it now :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jaclyn, you MUST read this series. You will love it. It has everything you love in a book AND it's set in Texas. :) And believe me, Ms. Vincent knows a thing or two about Texas. Oh, and I found this series, way back when, on Kim Harrison's blog! LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh *sigh* Marc is a great pick, Brandee! I love him, too, and even if I appreciated Jace, Marc was totally the man ;) I'm wondering who the guy in the duster is? Is it someone I know?

    I love the Sidekick Showcase it's so much fun to see what you ladies come up with :)

    Have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize you'd read this series, Lexxie! We could have been discussing this one along with all the many others! LOL Yeah, I was always Team Marc too even though I did love Jace.

      As for Mr. Duster...he's Dimitri Belikov! LOL

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??