Saturday, April 12, 2014

**A Playlist for Life ~ April**

**When Life's Kicking Your Butt...How About a Theme Song?**
My pal, Robyn, over at robgirlbooks, issued a challenge for the year. She wants us to come up with a song - one a month - that we turn to when life is getting us down...when we need a pick-me-up...the song we turn to when trying to get motivated for cleaning the house...the song we hear when we need inspiration...well, you get the picture. :) At the end of the year, we'll have quite the playlist for life!

This month, the theme is Silly Songs

My choices are:






Okay, I had to cheat and list two...Don't Stand So Close to Me was the first song that popped into my head. And my kids insisted I tell you the story behind why. So when I was a wee lass of, oh, about 10, The Police released this song. And I thought it was the silliest thing in the world. WHY would you need to write a song to tell someone not to stand so close to you?!? *hehe* 

The Belly Button Song is pure silly fun!! :)

Sky's Choice:



This song has made for lots of giggling around our house. Why? My kids actually sing to many songs in 'meows'.

Berk's Choice:



Does this song require any explanation?!?


Jax's Choice:


Jax's obsession with The Beatles left no question as to what song he'd choose. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love that Veggie Tales song. My best friend's son is obsessed with Veggie Tales so I hear it often. I'm also curious as to WHERE in the WORLD you found the meowing song. That's funny, I don't care who you are. I also thought about posting Call Me Maybe. I think that's a great choice for this one :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love all the choices. I'm trying to think if I have a song....I do turn on music every day in the car to make my kids quit arguing. It's amazing how a song can change a mood. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed through the whole post, Brandee!! I know all the words to way too many Veggie Tales songs. The boys get really silly in the backseat and ask me to replay whatever is their favorite at the time. The Bellybutton song was on a loop for a while. The choir boys singing meow was hilarious! I'm with Jaclyn, how in the world did Sky find that one? I loved that the one kid kept cracking a smile. You made me laugh about your Don't Stand So Close to Me story. Oh, and I've never heard Call Me Maybe, but the hot tat guy switching things up at the end rocked! I hope you're having a great weekend! I might have a quiet house on Sunday...yes!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??