Tuesday, May 27, 2014

**Teaser Tuesday ~ #20**

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

***

Warren “War” Jinkins is that guy. The bad one. Tempest’s ex front man, an arrogant rock god. The only thing larger than his ego is his capacity for self-destruction. His bad attitude has cost him. His woman. His best friend. His band. Everything.

Shaina Bentley is that girl. The good one. Hollywood’s pink candy-coated sweetheart. The star of Pinky Swear, television’s top rated teen show. She’s been practically perfect since that horrible day. But she’s starting to crack under the strain of being everything to everyone. He’s a one man island. She’s a fragile captive soul. Is love a current too dangerous to cross or will it be the bridge that brings them together? 

*Author note: Each book in the Tempest series features a different band member and can stand alone.* 

***Teaser***

I watched her as she listened, statue still, her lips parted and her eyes locked on mine. I saw the thrill of discovering something new and worthy dawning in them. 
And I understood, because the same thing was happening to me.
-War, Loc 1761, eARC

7 comments:

  1. Captivating, indeed! I've been seeing this one around lately and I'm honestly curious about it. You see, I'm growing fond of NA Contemporaries every day more <3

    Thanks for sharing, Brandee, and here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent teaser! Makes me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice teaser!! Totally new to me read but hope you're loving it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep... I KNOW I would like WAR!! I'm totally adding this to the BRANDEE MADE ME pile!

    Thanx for visiting my TT

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet tease, Brandee! And oh, what a cover. I want to read this one on those two things alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tease! Definitely in love with the cover. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. o.o oh my.. that was kind of... great writing! so in the moment

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??