Saturday, January 3, 2015

**My TBR List ~ January ~ Mythology**

MTBRL

My To-Be Read List is a new meme hosted by Michelle @Because Reading. Michelle has been doing this for awhile and recently decided to extend the fun for us all. I thought it was a fabulous idea because it gets y'all in the game and it helps me knock off some of the many, many books on my TBR list. You're more than welcome to join in the fun! I've included the basic rules below but you can click on the graphic above to hop over to Michelle's site where you can find all the details. 

Here's how it works:
On the first Saturday of each month, I will make a post with three books from my TBR List (these books can be already on your ereader or bookshelf OR books you might want to purchase) and add your link on the linky that will be provided on Michelle's post. Y'ALL will help me choose which book I will read next. The following Saturday, I will announce which book won. Then the last Saturday of the month, I'll post my review.

Fun, right?!?


***


Okay, y'all know I'm participating in the Mythology Reading Challenge this year - where I plan to read 1-2 mythology-themed books per month. So I thought this month, I'd let y'all choose which book I read!

Here are the choices:



Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)Half-Blood
Covenant #1

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals -- well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1: Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.



*****


The Scorpio Races
The Scorpio Races

It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn't given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition - the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.



*****

Troy High
Troy High

Homer's Iliad, the classic tale of love and revenge, is shrewdly retold for teens in Troy High.

Narrated by Cassie, a shy outsider who fears that an epic high school rivalry is about to go up in flames, the story follows the Trojans and Spartans as they declare war on the football field. After the beautiful Elena - who used to be the captain of the Spartan cheerleaders - transfers to Try High and falls madly in love with Cassie's brother Perry, the Spartans vow that the annual homecoming game will never be forgotten.

The Trojans and Spartans pull wicked pranks on each other as homecoming approaches. And the Spartans' wildcard football star, Ackley, promises to take down the Trojans' offensive line. But the stakes are raised when Cassie is forced to choose between the boy she loves (a Spartan) and loyalty to her family and school. Troy High will seduce readers with its incendiary cast of mythic proportions.




Okay, now vote!

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.


20 comments:

  1. Of course, I voted for The Scorpio Races - I loved that book, Brandee!
    I hope you're having a fantastic first weekend of 2015, and that you still have a fire going, and are reading a great book.
    *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for Half-Blood. The Covenant series is awesome. However, I do recommend that you have all the books before you begin (Novella's included). Good luck with your choice, Brandee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am voting for The Scorpio Races but this was a tough one since I would also like to see what you thing of Half Blood. I hope you enjoy whatever is picked :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to vote for Half-Blood. I really like Armentrout's Lux series so I'd like to see some of her other books get some love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I choose Scorpio Races for one simple reason... I also have a Maggie Stiefvater book up for my tbr this month and based on the comments, I think I'm reading it. So I thought it would be cool if we both read a book by the same author lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for Half Blood because I want to know what you think of that one..this is one of those authors that I didn't like the first book I read of hers and now I am..sort of wanting to read another one but not sure what to read...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Troy High got my vote. I hope you enjoy whichever book wins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Scorpio Races! I did not expect to like it at all but I was so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read The Covenant Series too. It's been on my to-read list for soooooo long! I hope you enjoy it when you get to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read Half-Blood from this list, so I voted for that. I enjoyed the series so far. Which reminds me I still have two more books I have to read in that series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for voting, Lola. I know JLA will be great - if she's chosen. :) I hope you get to the final 2 books soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine, too, Jaclyn. Even if Half-Blood doesn't win, I'll be reading it this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Jenna. I love Maggie's writing - just haven't made it to this one yet. I'm glad you liked it - I'll get to it soon even if it doesn't win this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Rachael! If Troy High doesn't win, I'll still be reading it at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Stormi! I loved JLA's Lux series. A.LOT! I'm looking forward to reading more from her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love Maggie! She's awesome. I just haven't made it to this book. And even if it doesn't win, I'll be reading it this year for the Mythology Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL That's why I one-clicked Half-Blood, Hannah...because I love the Lux series. Plus, I've heard good things about The Covenant series. :) Thanks for voting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, you'll get to see what I think of both, Michelle. One will just be later. *haha* Thanks for voting though. I'm really excited about the picks this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the heads up, Marilyn. :) I'm pretty sure I have most of them but I'll check to make sure...I'm thinking Half-Blood is gonna win.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I *WILL* read The Scorpio Races at some point this year, Lexxie - if it doesn't win this month. :)


    **BIG HUGS**

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??