Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Post #8 ~ Sleepin' While Awake

Sunday Post

As y'all probably all know, the Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share my news from the week whether it be book, blog, or just life news. Since I read so many of your Sunday Posts and I wanted to add something new in 2016, I've decided to join in the fun!

***
So, I missed last week's post. It was a hairy weekend with all the kids' activities. There was the musical on Thursday night, a matinee and evening performance on Friday, an indoor percussion competition, toss-a-thon fundraiser, and evening performance on Saturday, a matinee performance on Sunday, AND a spaghetti dinner fundraiser afterwards. Phew! My week had started with a migraine and then just dealing with keeping kids on track, and feeding the pit orchestra...well, it was a job. I had kids vomiting, sniffling, crying... It was just a lot on us all. And then after this past weekend, I was working on a 'job' doing some editing which took more time than I anticipated. So it's been a busy few weeks and I apologize for not being around so much. But now my kids are on Spring Break and we'll ALL enjoy a bit of downtime. :D

Reading-wise, I finished Friction by Sawyer Bennett (in audio), Where We Fell by Amber L. Johnson, Wild Abandon by Jeannine Colette, and a re-read of Strange Magic and a read of Dream Magic by Michelle Mankin. Oh I also finished Hope(less) by Melissa Haag, and re-reading Rock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley. I'm currently listening to Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole and re-reading Rock Chick Revenge. I have to tell you, despite planning for Taking Control of Your TBR Pile, I'm not doing so well with making my pile smaller!

I hope the upcoming week is wonderful for y'all! :D

***


Bookworm BrandeeBlogger ShameNew Release Challenge 2016 - (un)Conventional BookviewsTake Control of Your TBR Pile

Challenge Updates
Y'all, I haven't updated Goodreads for the past 2 weeks! Ugh! So I'm kinda guessing here but I think I'm at 22 books for #ShelfLove, 4 books for Blogger Shame, and 10 books for my New Release challenges. As for Take Control of Your TBR Challenge, I've read 4 books so far. Some of these overlap - I've read 44 books so far this year.

How are y'all doing with your challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??