Thursday, March 24, 2016

That's What HE Said #57 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #38



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Where We Fell by Amber L. Johnson

***

"We're not guaranteed much in this world, but if you're lucky, someone might come along and will show you exactly how much life there is to live."


*~*~*~*~*~*

Hannah, a waitress at Oliver's favorite diner, just spilled coffee all over his order, ruining his BLT and soaking him. This is how she attempts to make it up to him. :)

"We have the best pie. Ever. I'll get you a piece of that. On me. I made about three dollars in tips today, so I can cover it." She's just said she's poor but she's smiling. "You're not allergic to nuts or whatever, right? Because I swear the peanut butter pie is made by angels and kissed by Jesus before it's plated."
I actually laugh. "No. No allergies."
"Great. I'd hate to be responsible for the death of someone so damn cute."
If only she knew...
She's back in two minutes with a plate and two forks. With a heavy sigh, she takes her apron off and plants herself across from me in the booth. She slips her feet underneath her butt, leaning forward to jam her fork in the top of the pie. "You said you weren't all that hungry, so I figured I'd help you eat it. Since I'm buying and all."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??