Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday Post #11 ~ Birthday Celebration

Sunday Post

As y'all probably all know, the Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share my news from the week whether it be book, blog, or just life news. Since I read so many of your Sunday Posts and I wanted to add something new in 2016, I've decided to join in the fun!


***

This week started with my birthday. ;) Hubs took the day off and gave me a Rock Chick birthday - wherein we ate lunch at Lincoln's Roadhouse and dessert at Pasquini's. It was warm enough that we had our dessert outside on the patio! It was a great day!

And my friend Robyn was in town. I'm lucky her dad lives really close to me so when she's here visiting him, I get some time with her as well! It was a wonderful birthday treat to have dinner with her and her boys as well as an 'adults only' breakfast! ;)

Despite all the partying, it was a productive week personally. I decided to dedicate April to spring cleaning and got several tasks marked off my list this week. AND I finished my taxes, too. 

The winter music season is now officially over as my son's indoor percussion ensemble finished their season yesterday with a 3rd place finish. Not bad for a mostly freshman ensemble. I know my kids enjoy their activities, and I enjoy watching and supporting them, but I sure am glad it's over for awhile. ;)

Reading-wise, I'm finished listening to Last First Kiss by Lia Riley. I also finished Right by Jana Aston and Prince of the Playhouse by Tara Lain. I'm currently re-reading Rock Chick Reckoning by Kristen Ashley, Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake, and I'm listening to Like Gravity by Julie Johnson.

Next weekend, Hubs and I are taking Sky to Portland for an event at her college so there won't be a Sunday Post next week.

I hope y'all had a fantastic week! Enjoy this upcoming week and happy reading! :D


***


Bookworm BrandeeBlogger ShameNew Release Challenge 2016 - (un)Conventional Bookviews2016HWLogoButton

Challenge Updates
I made a little progress in a few of my challenges this week. 

#ShelfLove - 31
Blogger Shame - 5
New Release - 12
Goodreads - 50
#2016HW - 6

How are y'all doing with your challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??