Thursday, April 21, 2016

That's What HE Said #60 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #41



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

Yep, a repeat performance of The Gamble because Max...he's just that good with words. ;)

***

"It kills me to say this, babe, the guilt burns so bad, but this week I couldn't help but think about what life would be like with you and the ways it would be better than what I had with Anna. And knowin' you throw beer bottles and give back as good as you get, I like it, Duchess, that passion. It's in everything you do and, swear to Christ, I don't think I've ever seen anything that beautiful. Anna loved life but, honey, when you forget to let those little fears you got cobble you, fuck, you devour it. It's unbelievably amazing, awesome to witness."


*~*~*~*~*~*

Nina, despite living in England for a lot of her life, *knows* how to whip up awesome American fare!

...I'd just slid into the oven my world-famous nachos (this wasn't strictly true; I hadn't won a competition or anything, but I called them that anyway because they were really good). They were smothered in kidney beans and hamburger meat spiced with taco seasoning and a mixture of three cheeses (cheddar, Colby, and Monterey Jack, the latter two they didn't have in England). After the desired cheese melting, I would load salsa, sour cream, and fresh jalepenos with tomatoes for Max, which he told me he loved but I hated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??