Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Brandee's Bookish Babble #18 ~ Books & Best Friends Part 2


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) I hope you enjoy!


***

I know as readers and book bloggers we love sharing our passion about books. And I'm sure we all enjoy making new friends through that shared love of books and reading. Some of my closest friends were made via that shared love. And I thought it'd be fun to share the story of how these friendships came about. This will be a 4-part series, if you will, as I talk about these 4 friends.


*~*
I actually met another of my closest friends because of scrapbooking. However, we really bonded over books. Back in 2010, when Richelle Mead was in Boulder promoting Spirit Bound, I talked Denise into attending the reading/signing with me. Denise hadn't read the VA series, yet, so I spent the time waiting in line with her schooling her on the greatness that is Rose and Dimitri. ;) Once we got to Richelle's table, Denise was sold! She promptly purchased all the books in the series up to that point and read them. And an addict was born! ;) From there, I began sharing books with her...yes, I happily admit I became her pusher. I got her hooked on Twilight as well and we've been close friends ever since! 

It is quite common for me to receive a phone call from Denise where one of us starts the conversation with book quotes. We've had text conversations using book quotes. I keep her supplied with a running list of books to read next. And I recently got her hooked on audiobooks, too! You've seen her in photos here from the Rock Chick Rendezvous and other events. She even allows me to drag her around the country to book events/conventions. We recently attended BEA and had a blast! 

Yep, friendship bound by books...who could ask for anything more?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??