Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Brandee's Bookish Babble #22 ~ Unsolicited Review Requests


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) So this is my new discussion feature.

***

Unsolicited review requests. When I first started blogging, I was thrilled to get them. It was so exciting. Authors wanted me to read their books. They were interested in my opinion. And I hated turning anyone down. But at some point along the line, it became overwhelming. I built up so many review copies - those I received unsolicited and those I requested - that it just got to be too much. So I decided to put a moratorium on review requests. I stated clearly, at the top of my review policies page, that I wasn't currently accepting review requests at this time. And yet, they *still* come.

Are any of y'all experiencing similar situations? If so, how are y'all handling it? Do you respond? I've not been responding for the most part. I mean, do I need to feel obligated to respond when the author obviously didn't bother reading my review policy? What are y'all's thought?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??