Thursday, August 18, 2016

That's What HE Said #68 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #49



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt

***

"Because I am selfish and vain and venal--nothing, in fact, like you or the men in your family. Don't think I'm unaware of that fact. I don't deserve you, Temperance, but it doesn't matter. You have told me you love me, and I'll not let you change your mind, now or ever."


*~*~*~*~*~*


"But then there's quite a lot you don't know about me, Mrs. Dews."
"Is there?" Her gaze skipped over his shoulder, and he knew she looked at his mother in conversation with Lady Beckinhall in the corner. "Such as?"
"I have an unnatural fondness for marzipan sweetmeats."
He felt more than heard her giggle, and the small, innocent sound sent a frisson of warmth through him. She hid her emotions so well usually, even the joyous ones.
"I haven't had marzipan sweetmeats in ages," she murmured.
He had the sudden urge to buy her a boxful just to watch her eat them. Her read lips would become sprinkled with the sugar and she'd have to lick them clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??