Thursday, November 17, 2016

That's What HE Said #70 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #51



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Crash by Nicole Williams

***

"I love you, Luce," he continued. Clearly he wasn't going to stop until he said what he needed to. "And I'm sorry I ruined everything we had before I could admit it to you. Before I could admit it to myself. You didn't make me a better person, because no one can do that. You made me want to be a better person. You believed in me and stuck up for me. You cared for me when no one else would. You made me better, Luce. You're right---one person can make a difference. One person can change another person's whole world for the better," he said. "One person ruined my world, and that was my dad, and one person saved my world, and that was you." Raising his hands, he stroked my face. "The same tragedy ruined our families. The same tragedy brought us here today. Don't let it tear us apart."


*~*~*~*~*~*


I liked this particular scene of Lucy and her roommate, India, at a college party. Um, I'd be Lucy in this scenario. ;)

"God, I need a drink," she said, pulling me along behind her as she beelined for what I guessed was the beverage table. 
"Just pour me something!" India hollered over the music at the guy manning the drink table. He made a shotgun motion with his hand before mixing something that came out looking too pink and too strong.
"Pick your poison, beautiful," he said to me after handing off India's drink.
"Got anything back there that won't make me shit-faced in two sips?" From the looks of the crowd, it was doubtful.
Another shotgun motion, and he popped open a cooler and twisted the lid off a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??