Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Post #19 ~ Returning to "Normal"

Sunday Post

As y'all probably all know, the Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share my news from the week whether it be book, blog, or just life news. 


***
How is y'all's 2017 going so far? I hope things are going well and that you've found some fabulous reads so far! After Berk & Jax went back to school and Hubs went back to work, Sky and I have had some fun! We've gone to the museum, to the movies, skiing...of course, spending lots of time with her means I haven't spent much time in the blogosphere. Forgive me! She left for Portland last night so things will return to my new "normal" now... at least until summer when I'll have to try out another new "normal". Those of y'all who've followed me for awhile might know a little about drum corps. Well, Sky and Jax auditioned for two separate drum corps and were contracted. This means that neither of them will be home at all this summer. *sniff* That's right, they'll be gone from Labor Day to mid-August, which means they'll barely be home before going back to college and high school respectively. However, they will be traveling the country, having great experiences, making new friends, and perfecting their musical crafts so how can I be sad?? 

I've managed some reading this month. I had several new releases drop onto my Kindle - I'd pre-ordered them in 2016 - so I've not gotten quite as many COYER reads in but The Best Man's Baby by Karen Booth, Volley Balls by Tara Lain, and The Thorn & the Thistle by Julie Moffett all count. I've also read Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley, Taking Turns by JA Huss, and I beta read Riptide by Michelle Mankin. Currently, I'm reading The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. And in my ears is Rule by CD Reiss - which happens to count towards COYER since I got it for $1.99!  


I hope y'all enjoy this last full week of January! :) 


***

I've done really well sticking to my No-Book-Buying-Ban...I haven't one-clicked a single book! Well, I did add this one to my library...it was a boxset AND it was FREE!

Rockin' Country Series Box Set


My blogger wife, Lexxie, sent me a special gift from The Bookworm Box to kick off 2017 well! Thanks, wifey! <3 




***

2017 Challenges

wintercoyer-16-17New Release Challenge 2017 - (un)Conventional Bookviews2017hwlogo.jpgbookishresolution2017Audiobook-Challenge-2017


#COYER Blackout - 8 books
#2017NewRelease - 4 books
#2017HW - Scorpio Races is up this week
#Audiobook Challenge - 1 book
#BloggerShame - 1 book
Read All the Books - none so far
#ShelfLove - 3 books


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??