Saturday, November 24, 2012

Chocolate Lovers Rejoice!


Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)
Title: Seduction and Snacks
Series: Chocolate Lovers #1
Author: Tara Sivec

From GoodReads:
Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life.

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time.

With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after.

********************
TFEiC Author Review =)

Seriously...this is one of THE funniest books I’ve ever read in my life! I cannot say that enough. I was laughing out loud on page 1!! When Claire introduces herself to us by saying she never wants to have children. And the amusement just continued throughout the book. Tara Sivec is incredibly talented...how she can write about such serious topics and make me laugh hysterically about them is just pure genius!

Imagine...you have your whole life mapped out. Finish college with business degree so you can open your own sweet shop. Just one problem...your virginity...you just want to get rid of your V-card and be done with it. No time for romance or drama. So you attend a frat party, find an awesome and willing candidate to do the removing, enjoy an incredible evening...and end up pregnant...and you didn’t happen to catch the guy’s name!?!


That’s exactly what happens to Claire. Cut to four years later...four years of not finishing college, four years without another sexual encounter to speak of (“...a woman who has had one point five lays and didn’t even come close to getting off during them should not be selling sex toys.”), 4 years of raising a little boy on your own, who’s best described by his own mother as:

“Gavin has the attention span of a two year old with ADD on crack.”

See what I mean?!? Oh my gosh, I’m laughing myself silly while looking for quotes while writing this review! =) I know I have books 2 & 3 to read but I’m thinking I may need to reread this book now.

Again, I think Ms. Sivec’s writing is pure genius. Her ability to go from touching and poignant to gut-busting, laughing so hard you’re crying in 1.3 seconds is absolutely amazing! Again, I really don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard while reading a book! The scenes between Claire and Gavin are absolutely hysterical. When he asked Claire if she wanted him to beat up her friends “Johnny, Jack and Jose” because they made her sick...that’s classic! This kiddo is hilarious and I’m so glad he isn’t mine!  And Claire trying to sell sex toys when she has next to no experience in the sex department is pure entertainment...both for the customers she’s selling to and to us, the readers. And the connection between Carter and Claire is magnetic. From quoting 80’s movies such as “Heathers” to Carter’s frequent trips to bath & body stores over the last 4 years, searching for the chocolate scent he remembers from his one night with Claire...well, it just doesn’t get much better! Because under all the comedy is a very sweet and intense romance...one that will make you swoon, right after you’ve peed your pants from laughing! =)

Please, please...read this book NOW!!



I mean it!!  GO!



1 comment:

  1. I just bought this on Kindle earlier today. I'm excited to read it very soon!
    Great Review btw :)

    Marissa @ For The Love Of Film And Novels

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??