I enjoyed doing a "look back at the year" in 2016 so I figured it'd once again be fun to bring 2017 to a close by listing some of favorites. I hope you enjoy reading about some of my favorites and I'd be happy to hear about any of yours!
*~*Books & Audiobooks*~*
- How the Duke Was Won - I chose this book solely because it was narrated by Beverley A. Crick but I found a new favorite author in Lenora Bell
- The Nightingale - a powerful read about how war affected women during WWII from Kristin Hannah
- Red Rising - so realistic in nature and well written, so many parallels to our world today
- Rock F*ck Club - a female anthem, if you will, for equality - especially in our sexuality
- Outlander - omigosh! I adore Jamie and Claire!
- And I Darken - I'm only waiting til 2018 to read the next installment - and honestly, I'm so anxious over it - because the final installment releases in June of 2018. Sometimes I hate the wait.
- Texas Rodeo series - an incredible series revolving around small town West Texas and the rodeo circuit - great writing and narration (Kari Lynn Dell & Johanna Parker)
- New Camelot Trilogy - I listened to the first two - excellent narration - and read the final installment because I was too anxious to wait for the audio! I adored this trilogy!
- The Angel - such a unique story and so very well conveyed
- Steal the Light - it's making the list because IT. HAS. IT. ALL!
Honestly, this list was hard to compile. I mean, I read 160 books this year so it's hard to narrow it down to ~10. In the end, I realized it was just a good reading year. *grins*