Monday, January 30, 2017

#2017 Bookish Resolutions Update ~ January


I'm once again participating in the Bookish Resolutions Challenge. This challenge is hosted by Michelle @Because Reading and Laura @ Trips Down Imagination RoadFor complete details and to sign up, click the graphic above or here



**MY GOALS FOR 2017**

I've been moderately successful with the challenge the past 2 years but I think I've come up with some tweaks so that I'll be even more so in 2017. Mostly I'm making my goals more specific and therefore more quantifiable. :)
  • Blogging Goals
    • Comment back THREE times a week
    • Visit TEN blogs a day
    • Interact with 3 blog Facebook pages a day
    • Link up my challenge posts on the last day of each month (or last day of month quarterly for those updating quarterly)
    • Keep track of my progress on my calendar
  • Reading Goals
    • NO BOOK BUYING without a gift card (that was gifted!)
    • Read TWO Netgalley reads per month
    • Read (at least) TWO books I already own per month
    • Read ONE book from a series I'm behind in per month
    • Listen to TWO review books per month
    • Read books my kids *need* me to read
      • Born to Run (Jax)
      • Death with Interruptions (Jax)
      • Everything is Illuminated (Sky)
      • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Jax)
      • School of Good and Evil (Berk)
      • The Book Thief (Sky)
      • The Lightning Thief (Berk)
    • Keep track of my progress on my calendar and in my book journal
  • Personal Goals
    • Exercise FIVE days a week
    • Keep a food/exercise journal
    • Spend an hour daily writing/editing
    • Clean up my Goodreads Shelves!
    • Spend ONE day a month on a different hobby - paper crafting or knitting
    • Keep track of my progress with writing/editing and crafting on my calendar


***Update***


  • Blogging Goals
    The first week and a half or so of January, I was doing well with all my blogging goals. Mid-month I fell behind because I was spending quality time with Sky. I'm not going to feel badly about that. This last week and a half of the month, I've gotten back in the game. :D I've kept up with visiting, commenting back, and I linked up my challenge posts too! And I'm using my calendar as well to track everything
  • Reading Goals
    I'm quite proud of the fact that I've managed an entire month without one-clicking a book! I did add a couple to my library but only because they were free and they were on my wishlist. I also read two Netgalley reads this month, The Thorn & the Thistle by Julie Moffett and Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes. I also read one book from a series I am behind in - My TBR read for January, The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I've started one audio review book but haven't finished, so I didn't meet this goal for January. And I didn't read any books from my kids' request list. But I'm using my planner to keep track of these goals and it makes it easier to see what I have on tap.
  • Personal Goals
    As with my blogging goals, a few of my personal goals fell to the wayside because of spending time with Sky. So exercising, journaling, writing, etc., are all things I got back to as the month ended and I'll try to keep up next month too. I *DID* spend a weekend scrapbooking so that covers that particular goal. :)


How are y'all doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??