Saturday, January 28, 2017

My TBR List Review for January ~ The Evolution of Mara Dyer ~ Michelle Hodkin

MyTBRList



The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Mara Dyer #2
Release Date: October 23, 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance, Suspense
Source: Purchased Hardcover
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #ShelfLove, #TravelingtotheTerminus
Goodreads

Synopsis
The truth about Mara Dyer's dangerous and mysterious abilities continues to unravel in the New York Times bestselling sequel to the thrilling The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past. She can't. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren't. She couldn't imagine that after everything she's been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She's wrong. In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?



I'm not sure how often I meet an unreliable narrator, but I find I quite like them. At least, Mara Dyer. Despite having read book #1 at least 3 years ago and therefore having fuzzy recollections of the details, The Evolution of Mara Dyer sucked me right in.

This installment sees Mara's continuing search for answers about what's happening to her and why no one, save Noah, believes her. Oh and she's also doing her best not to be committed. And I want to believe Mara. I do. But then these unexplainable things happen and...and I doubt.

One of the details I did remember clearly was the incredible cast - specifically Mara's brother, Daniel, and Noah, of course. The romance between Mara and Noah. although not much time is devoted to it, is wonderful. Under the stress and constraints of Mara's circumstances, it's fascinating to see how they work together, support each other, and protect one another. A true foundation developing.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer is creepy, suspenseful, and messed with my mind. While some things were illuminated towards the end, there are still so many questions. One in particular had me wishing I already had book #3 on my shelf. And then I found it! :) Guess what I'm reading right now?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??