Tuesday, February 28, 2017

2017 #BookishResolutions Challenge Update ~ February


I'm once again participating in the Bookish Resolutions Challenge. This challenge is hosted by Michelle @Because Reading and Laura @ Trips Down Imagination RoadFor complete details and to sign up, click the graphic above or here



**MY GOALS FOR 2017**

I've been moderately successful with the challenge the past 2 years but I think I've come up with some tweaks so that I'll be even more so in 2017. Mostly I'm making my goals more specific and therefore more quantifiable. :)
  • Blogging Goals
    • Comment back THREE times a week
    • Visit TEN blogs a day
    • Interact with 3 blog Facebook pages a day
    • Link up my challenge posts on the last day of each month (or last day of month quarterly for those updating quarterly)
    • Keep track of my progress on my calendar
  • Reading Goals
    • NO BOOK BUYING without a gift card (that was gifted!)
    • Read TWO Netgalley reads per month
    • Read (at least) TWO books I already own per month
    • Read ONE book from a series I'm behind in per month
    • Listen to TWO review books per month
    • Read books my kids *need* me to read
      • Born to Run (Jax)
      • Death with Interruptions (Jax)
      • Everything is Illuminated (Sky)
      • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Jax)
      • School of Good and Evil (Berk)
      • The Book Thief (Sky)
      • The Lightning Thief (Berk)
    • Keep track of my progress on my calendar and in my book journal
  • Personal Goals
    • Exercise FIVE days a week
    • Keep a food/exercise journal
    • Spend an hour daily writing/editing
    • Clean up my Goodreads Shelves!
    • Spend ONE day a month on a different hobby - paper crafting or knitting
    • Keep track of my progress with writing/editing and crafting on my calendar


***Update***


  • Blogging Goals
    I've done fairly well with my blogging goals this month. I've kept up with commenting back and that makes me incredibly happy! I've also done a relatively good job at making sure to visit 10 blogs a day although I did get behind one week because I was sick. :(  I've failed at interacting on Facebook though. I will try to do better with this goal in March. I know it helps us all get more views when there's more interaction on our Facebook pages. I've also kept up with linking reviews for challanges as well as keeping track of things in my planner. So overall, not too bad.
  • Reading Goals
    I've made it another entire month without one-clicking a book! I did add a few *freebies* to my library but I've really been selective, only choosing those books and/or authors I've wanted to read for awhile. I also read two more Netgalley reads this month, Dare You To by Katie McGarry and Ten Reasons to Stay by Sabrina Jeffries. I also read a book from a series I am behind in - My TBR read for February, Charade by Nyrae Dawn. I have to say I'm loving using series I'm behind in for my TBR picks. :) I've completed two audio review books and am working on a third, so I accomplished this goal. (I finished Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland and Highland Spy by Madeline Martin.) I didn't get any books read from my kids' request list, but I'm using my planner to keep track of these goals and it makes it easier to see what I have on tap. Again, overall not too bad.
  • Personal Goals
    I've done well with some of my personal goals. I've managed to exercise at least 5 days a week and I'm using my fitbit to keep track of food and exercise. That's enormously helpful since it's essentially done for me. I do add in my food during the day to keep track of calories. And I'm rather proud to say I've lost almost 8 pounds! I also spent some time working at cleaning up my Goodreads shelves. I made some changes and will continue working at this although this morning I got to wondering if one change I made is really what I wanted to do. :/  I've failed completely at writing/editing and spending time on my other hobbies in February, which also means I failed at keeping track of these things in my planner since there was nothing to keep track of. The writing/editing...well, I actually did do a small amount of editing AND all this not writing actually sparked some ideas and I now know where I want to go to finish up my book. But I'm frustrated with myself over not writing. I will figure it out in March. I WILL!

So that's my update. How are y'all doing with your challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??