Thursday, February 16, 2017

That's What HE Said #74 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #59 ~ Bounty by Kristen Ashley



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Bounty by Kristen Ashley

***

"I got a lotta friends I watched go down for the count and stay down because they like the feel of bein' stuck. And what I mean when I say that is they went down to the women they decided to spend their lives with. Watched that, dug that for them, straight up wanted it for myself. But I know the man I am and knew what that would take for it to happen to me. And never, not once, Justice, did I ever find one I even considered havin' this conversation with so the shit I'm tellin' you, baby, you gotta know up front not to take it lightly. And I'll share what I mean by sayin' that I don't want a future with you. Where I'm at right now, after seein' those cruisers at your house, is that I can't imagine a future without you."


*~*~*~*~*~*

This particular quote resonated big with me because my Hubs used to make fried bologna sandwiches for me when we were in college. :D

It was dinnertime and I was sitting cross-legged on his couch, watching him in his tiny kitchen frying bologna and making toast.
Frying bologna and making toast.
The girls had brought huge amounts of food. So much of it, some of it was taking up what little counter space Deke had. They hadn't prepared us for a few nights hanging at Deke's trailer. They'd prepared us for a three-month-long seige.
And he was making me fried bologna on toast, the American cheese slices out and at the ready.
Just like I'd told him I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??