Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Release Day Review ~ With Ties That Bind #3 ~ Trisha Wolfe

With Ties that Bind: A Broken Bonds Novel, Book ThreeWith Ties That Bind by Trisha Wolfe
With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #3
Release Date: February 7, 2017
Genre: Adult, Dark Romantic Suspense
Source: I received an eARC from the author. I voluntarily provided a review.
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2017NewRelease
Goodreads ~ Amazon

Synopsis
Third novel in the With Ties That Bind trilogy. Final novel in the Broken Bonds series.

To protect the woman he loves, Detective Ethan Quinn defied the law he's defended and upheld his entire career. He turned his back on his honor and ethics with only one objective in mind: protect Avery at all cost. Now he's tangled in a web of deceit and corruption, no better than the killer he's hunting.

As Quinn navigates a treacherous maze, he senses a rat amid his department. He suspects the perpetrator is hiding in plain sight, using their shield within the law to disguise them.

Who is the real Alpha?

Having been framed for murders and crimes they didn't commit, a suspect is under investigation by not only the ACPD, but the FBI, and lead medical examiner Avery Johnson feels pressure from all sides as she guards the secrets within her lab. Quinn went to great lengths to save her, to protect her...and now it's her turn to be the hero for the man she loves.

A showdown is looming, the Alpha is ready to strike. No one is safe as the clock ticks down to the final moments that will test every member of the task force, leaving only one side left standing.



TWolfe has really found her stride with this dark and twisty series. Hmm, what does that say about her? *wink* I've been anxiously awaiting this final installment - to have all my questions answered, to see how it all shakes out and who is left standing. TWolfe did not disappoint. Watching as Quinn tries to protect Avery, as Avery tries to protect Quinn and Sadie, seeing pieces fall into place - it was so exciting I was flipping through the pages as fast as I could. I even stuttered over a familiar name - my own - having forgotten I was making a cameo. And the reveal - damn, TWolfe. You are good! I'd like to say I had it figured out but I'd be lying.

My favorite elements in this installment and the series overall:
  • Avery's strength and resilience. I loved seeing her embody the survivor she is and take a stand - fight back!
  • Quinn realizing who he really is and what he's capable of. I didn't feel his actions ever compromised his integrity even though he did. I felt his actions proved something most of us will never know about ourselves - what we're willing to do to protect the one we love.
  • The profiling/serial killer element. Whatever is says about me, I find it fascinating and TWolfe gave us insight not only into a serial killer but also into those who hunt them.
  • The introspection the series sparked - what would I do? How far would I go? What is my breaking point - the line I'd be leery of crossing for fear of becoming a monster? Do we all have a little darkness in us?
This entire series has been riveting. If you like dark romantic suspense with a side of mind f#ck, this series is for you. PSA: With Visions of Red, the book that started it all and where you'll need to begin the journey, is FREE. Just click the title. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??