Happy New Year, y'all! I hope your 2013 is off to a great start!
I can't believe that I've been blogging for a year now. It's been a rewarding experience and I look forward to all 2013 will bring. Thanks so much for listening to me chat at you about the wonderful books I've read. (I also really enjoy it when you chat back :) I have lots of reading and reviewing planned for this year, as well as some awesome blog tours! :)
I ended 2012 having read 153 books and as I mentioned in a previous post, I seemed to have a penchant for reading gut wrenching and emotionally draining books as of late! My last book of 2012 was no different. I finished Flawed by Kate Avelynn just prior to ringing in the new year! My review is forthcoming...
I was thinking about doing a Kick Off the New Year giveaway to start this year off with a bang. What do you think?? Yeah, I thought so too! :) Since I've never done a giveaway myself, I'm gonna make this easy (I hope).
- Leave me a comment here and tell me the book you're most looking forward to being released this month (January 2013).
- Please include your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win. :)
- Only 1 entry allowed.
- Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. (MST), January 6th. I will notify the winner on January 7th. The winner will have 24 hours to respond before I pick someone else.
- Contest is restricted to U.S. and Canada.
The Prize: If you are selected as the winner, you'll receive the book you mentioned in your comment! :)
Can't wait to read your comments!
Upcoming Events...I'm participating in several blog tours in January including:
- Fall in Love with the Sullivan Family series by Bella Andre
- Eire's Captive Moon, by Sandi Layne. This is a fabulous piece of historical fiction so be sure to check back on January 11th for my review, a guest post and a giveaway!
- On January 16th, I'll be a stop on the Taste blog tour. Taste is a new book by Kate Evangelista. I'll have a review and another guest post! Yea!
- And finally, on January 18th I'll be a stop on the blog tour for Persistence of Vision by Leisel Hill. I'm so excited! Make sure you stop by for the character interview with Marcus!!
As I've had my fair share of darkly emotional reads, I'm kicking off 2013 with some lighter reading! :) I'm definitely looking forward to getting started on my TBR Pile Reading Challenge books. I'll put my getting started list in a separate post.
Also, as part of my New Year's Resolutions in blogging, I have a couple of goals:
- I'd like to review more of the books I read. I tend to review far less books that what I read because I don't want to inundate you with reviews. But hey, reviewing and chatting about books is why I blog, so look for more reviews in 2013!
- I want to make sure I create a nice balance between reading, reviewing/blogging, and my family. My family has to come first. It won't be long before my kiddos are out of the house so I want to make sure I enjoy them as much as possible. That being said, I have to read or I'm not that pleasant to be around! So BALANCE... :)