Saturday, March 22, 2014

**Georgina Read-a-Thon ~ Books 2-4**


In each book of the Georgina series, you get mystery, action, sex, snark, with everything moving toward Georgie getting what her heart most desires. Once again, I'm going to share some of my favorite quotes from the next books in Georgie's series, Succubus on Top, Succubus Dreams and Succubus Heat. I hope it will entice you into reading this fabulous series!


***

Succubus on Top
Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)“Dad told Uncle Seth not to screw things up,” she informed me as we washed our hands. “He said even if Uncle Seth is famous, him getting a woman like you defies belief.”

I laughed and smoothed down the skirt of my dress. “I don’t know about that. I don’t think your dad gives your uncle enough credit."

Brandy gave me a sage look, worthy of someone much older. “Uncle Seth spent last Valentine’s Day at a library.” 


***

“You'd think an angel who hung around with employees of evil would be a good influence, but at times, he seemed worse than we were.” 


***

Wait,” he said. “That’s not a word.”

I looked down to where, in a moment of desperation, I’d played zixic on a triple-word-score space.

“Uh, sure it is.”

“What’s it mean?”

“It’s sort of like…quixotic, but with more…”

“Bullshit?”

I laughed out loud. I’d never heard him swear before.

“More zeal. Hence the z.”

“Uh-huh. Use it in a sentence.”

“Um…’You are a zixic writer.’“

“I don’t believe this.”

“That you’re zixic?”

“That you’re trying to cheat at Scrabble.” He leaned back against my couch, shaking his head. “I mean, I was ready to accept the whole evil thing, but this is kind of extreme.” 



***

Succubus Dreams
Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)“What kind of sick bastard burns down a Christmas tree?”

Hugh and I exchanged glances. “That’s an excellent question,” I said dryly.

Peter looked startled. “Was it you?” he asked Hugh.

“No,” said the imp. “It was Carter.”

“Your Christmas tree was burned down by an angel?” asked Cody.

“Yup. The irony isn’t lost on me” 



***

“This is a, uh, friendship ring right?”

“Yeah, don’t worry. If I propose, you’ll know it. For one thing, I’ll be hyperventilating.” A sly smile—surprisingly sexy—turned up his lips. “And it’ll be a ruby.”

“Rubies? No diamonds? Too expensive for the old writer’s salary, huh?”

He made a disparaging grunt at that. “No, I just think diamonds are common, that’s all. If I get married, it’ll be because something uncommon is occurring. Besides, you wear a lot of red, right? I know how important it is for your accessories to match.” 



***

“This is insane," I said blankly. "I'm the instrument of an all-powerful primordial deity's wave of chaos and destruction."

"That's kind of extreme" said Dante jovially. "It's not like you work for Google or anything.” 


***

Succubus Heat
Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)“How come when mortals want things, their only option is to make a deal with Hell and sell their soul? Why can’t they make deals with God in exchange for good behavior?"

It was another of those rare moments when I’d surprised Carter. I waited for the glib answer I’d mentioned to Seth, something along the lines of goodness being its own reward. The angel considered for several seconds. "Humans make those deals all the time," he said finally. "They just don’t make them with God."

"Then who are they making them with?" I exclaimed.

"Themselves.” 


***

The best jury of your peers that you’ll ever find is…well, you. Only you know what you’re capable of and what you want to be.” 

***

“I stared. "Canadian Satanists? You're sending me to a group of Canadian Satanists?” 

2 comments:

  1. I love the quotes you've included, especially the one about "Uncle Seth"! You are most definitely enticing me, Brandee. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe!! Great quotes! It's great to read them and reminisce about this series... I loved it so much!! Looking forward to more quotes!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??