Friday, November 4, 2016

New Release Review ~ Fling ~ Jana Aston

Fling (Wrong, #2.5)Fling by Jana Aston
Wrong #2.5
Release Date: November 1, 2016
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Comedy
Source: I received an ARC from the author but also purchased my own copy on Kindle
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2016NewRelease, #TravelingtoTerminus
Goodreads ~ Amazon

Synopsis
I have a crust on my boss' best friend.
At least it's not my brother's best friend.
Or my best friend's brother.
Or... never mind. It's all pretty cliche.

And worse? My boss' best friend is his business partner. Which sort of makes him my boss too. Okay - it's not sort of. It's definite. Gabe Laurent is off limits. Totally off limits.

Which is fine. I make do with my imagination. He'll never know. Ever. Unless my work bestie passes me an eighties-style teen movie sex quiz during a meeting and I fill it out.

And it ends up in Gabe's hands...



Good golly was this a fun read! Aston seems to have romantic comedy down to an art. And I loved the nod to John Hughes she incorporated in Fling!

We met Sandra and Gabe in Right. Sandra has a huge crush on Gabe but believes he'd never look twice at her since he's gorgeous, rich, an the CFO of the company where she works. Add to that, it'd be unprofessional to have a fling with someone who is technically her boss, and Sandra is nothing if not professional. But she's wrong about Gabe not looking twice. ;)

What ensues is a fun little interlude in the Wrong world told in dual POV - Sandra's and Gabe's. The fall - for them both - was highly entertaining with antics from best friends and partners-in-crime. And as this story unfolds in the same timeline as Right - in fact, we relive a scene from Right through Sandra's and Gabe's eyes - I got to spend a little more time with Everly and Sawyer. A true pleasure!

Fling was a delightful little morsel of a read. And now I'm gearing up for Trust!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??