Wednesday, November 2, 2016

#TravelingtoTerminus New(er) Release Review ~ With Ties That Bind: Book Two ~ Trisha Wolfe



With Ties that Bind: A Broken Bonds Novel, Book TwoWith Ties That Bind: Book Two by Trisha Wolfe
With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #2
Release Date: October 11, 2016
Genre: Adult, Romantic Suspense
Source: Purchased on Kindle
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2016NewRelease, #TravelingtoTerminus
Goodreads ~ Amazon

Synopsis
A new threat has descended upon Arlington, and lead medical examiner Avery Johnson is in its sights, being targeted by the city's latest serial killing menace known to the public as the Alpha Killer.

Whether urban legend or reality, the Alpha feeds into the media craze, orchestrating a killing spree to stamp out all rivals. And when Avery's tangled web of deception pulls her further into the Alpha's sadistic game, there's only one thing she fears more: losing Quinn. With just as many secrets to guard as the elusive crime lord, Avery's time is running out to reveal the truth to Quinn, the stubborn, by-the-book detective bent on protecting her at all costs.

As a lead takes the ACPD task force deep into the bowels of a corrupt law firm, the discovery of a vast criminal network with far-reaching connections threatens to unmask many players. How deep does the corruption go? How far does the Alpha's reach extend? While the team races to catch a killer, Detective Quinn is faced with an impossible choice. Will he betray the woman he's fallen for, or seek his own vengeance outside of the law?




With Ties That Bind was the perfect followup. There were things revealed and more hints dropped. There were revelations and "oh sh!t" moments. It had a slightly different feel because of events concerning Quinn - the action was there but there was less police procedural in this installment. However, it was everything I've come to expect from Wolfe with her dark thrillers.

I have to admit to getting a wee bit grumpy with Quinn. I *know* he lives by a code - he prides himself on it. But there are times when rules are meant to be bent, if not broken. He had to suck it up and figure out exactly how much Avery is worth to him. Avery, for her part, showed her incredible strength and resilience. She is someone to admire even if she'd disagree. Both Quinn and Avery did some growing in this installment, realizing the limits and boundaries they both had were maybe closer to guidelines when push comes to shove. Love has that sort of revelatory power.

I adored getting to spend more time with Sadie and Colton, Chase and Alexis, and even Carson. Honestly, I'm nervous with how things were left. I had no idea where this was going and I'd never have guessed it'd end up going where it did. Seriously, didn't see that coming! I'm even considering a re-read so I can take notes and create theories - you know, like a detective. *wink* I believe there's only one book left and I want to see if I can puzzle it out. I doubt it though. If Quinn and Sadie haven't figured it all out, I'm not sure I can. *haha* But please, Trisha, please don't hurt anyone...too much. I've come to care about them all and I don't know if I could bear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??