Thursday, July 14, 2016

That's What HE Said #66 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #47



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

The Strongest Steel by Scarlett Cole

***

"On the surface, and I'm just being honest here, I see a smokin' hot woman with the most passionate eyes, deep pools that reflect her mood."
He nuzzled the sensitive spot under her ear, making her shiver.
"On the inside, I see a woman who is witty and clever, who is using ten percent of her brain to work in a coffee shop when she is clearly capable of so much more."
He moved to kiss just under her jaw as he gently nudged her backward into the sand.
"And I see a woman I really wanna kiss again, and I'm kinda hoping she'll let me."


*~*~*~*~*~*


"Licorice?" He offered her the pack of chewy, red candy.
Harper took a piece. "Discreet way of keeping my blood sugar up?" She took a bite of the sticky rope.
"Nope. Just love red licorice and wanted to share. Not liking it would be a deal breaker on the whole doing-your-tattoo thing."
Harper laughed. It felt good to release some of the tension that had been building inside.
"I happen to love it, though I like black licorice better."
He pointed to the door. "That's it. Get out of my studio. Black licorice is one step from devil worship."
"Kind of extreme view, don't you think?" Holy cow, had she just heard herself giggle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??