Monday, October 30, 2017

#OctobeRecFest Wrap Up ~ #TravelingtotheTerminus ~ Challenges Updates ~ Other Various Updates


My 4th Annual OctobeRecFest has come to an end. I didn't get quite as many books read as I'd have liked BUT I did read FOUR from the list I'd created and that also means I moved a little further into those series. :) I also read 3 not from the list for a total of 7...7 series I moved forward in. I may or may not get one last review posted tomorrow. It depends on how much reading I get done today and chances aren't looking good since it's our State Marching Band finals so I'll be away from home today, helping move pit equipment for the band.

Anyway, here are the books I managed to read this month:

The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)Impulse (Mageri, #3)Edge of Oblivion (Night Prowler, #2)Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)Taken (Undone, #4)Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)




Y'all know this year I've made it a goal to catch up in series. The last few years, I've dedicated November and December to #TravelingtotheTerminus. Once again, I'm going to tweak how I usually do things. This year, I'm focusing on series that I'm only behind by 1 or 2 books. There are ~45 series that fall into this category for me. There is no way I can read that many books, but at least I'll be able to cross a few series off my list. *grins* 


2017 Challenges

#2017 Bookish Resolutions
Y'all can click here for a list of my resolutions for this year but I just wanted to give a quick general update...and that is, I'm accomplishing some and failing at others. Luckily, I look at these resolutions as goals which means I'm not really failing. I simply need to refocus and get back to work at them. *grins*

#2017HW Report Card for Quarter One
My goal is 1 book a month. I read 3 books in the first and second quarters of 2017 so that means I got A's!!! However, I received an
F in the third quarter because I didn't get a single book from my list read. And my fourth quarter didn't start off well...nothing for October. But I still have November and December so we'll see. :D


#2017NewRelease - 34 books
#Audiobook Challenge - 21 listens
#authorluv - none yet
#BloggerShame - 10 books
Read All the Books - 11 books
#ShelfLove - 73 books

General Updates

As y'all probably know, I was MIA for quite a few months. I really appreciate all of y'all continuing to visit and/or comment on my posts while I was away. I know I owe y'all some raffle boxes and I have SIX already packed up. So look for those drawings over the next two months.

As for why I was MIA...if y'all follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you might have seen photos. At any rate, I did quite a LOT of traveling, following my oldest and youngest children while they toured for drum corps, took my middle on college visits, AND TO SEE HAMILTON!! I also traveled to be present for the wedding of one of my best friends. In all, I was in 17 STATES in 5 months. I like to travel y'all, but even though I had a blast, it was a bit too much for me. :D

Two last things... 1) I had a little accident with my laptop in August. I was opening it and it somehow jumped from the bar and ended up on the tile floor - on its lid - which did not do good things for my screen. So I'm having to share a laptop with James and since it's his, I get it when he doesn't need it. Therefore, my time online is somewhat limited. Santa is bringing me a new one though...so just a little longer. 2) I'm traveling again *sigh* this week. I'm headed to Texas to visit/check in on my grandma. I'll be online as much as I can.

I know this was A LOT. Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??