Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Audio Review ~ Beautiful Mistake ~ Vi Keeland #AudioChallenge #ShelfLove

Beautiful Mistake
Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland
Narrated byAndi Arndt and Sebastian York
Release Date: July 20, 2017
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Purchased on Audible
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #AudioChallenge, #ShelfLove
Goodreads

Synopsis
The first time I met Caine West was in a bar.
He noticed me looking his way and mistakenly read my scowling as checking him out.
When he attempted to talk to me, I set him straight - telling him what I thought of his lying, cheating, egomaniacal ass.
You see, the gorgeous jerk had wined and dined my best friend--smooth talking her into his bed, all along failing to mention that he was married.
He deserved every bit of my tongue-lashing and more for what he'd done.
Especially when that lazy smile graced his perfect face in response to my rant.
Only it turned out, the man I'd just told off wasn't the right guy.
Oops. My mistake.
Embarrassed, I slunk out without an apology.
I was never going to see the handsome stranger again anyway, right?
That's what I thought...until I walked into class the next morning.
Well, hello Professor West, I'm your new teaching assistant.
I'll be working under you...figuratively speaking.
Although the literal interpretation might not be such a bad thing - working under Professor West.
This is going to be interesting...




I swear VKeeland rocks at delivering the best "meets". Caine and Rachel's first meet had me guffawing and giggle-snorting...loudly. But while the story did have its comic moments, it was serious as well. And so, so satisfying.

Highlights:
  • Rachel and Caine
    Rachel is a strong and independent woman who's also smart and loyal. She also often lets whatever pops into her head fly out of her mouth and that made for some humorous interactions between her and Caine. Caine is a bit older and maybe more sophisticated but that's questionable at times. He's a professor...she's his TA...and the sexual tension between these two is almost suffocating. As they get to know each other though, they realize their connection is more than chemistry. Character growth is something I truly appreciate and while Caine does the most - and it was amazing to watch - they both learn to let go of the past that's influenced and haunted them in order to move forward.
  • Plot
    VKeeland did an incredible job of weaving together the past and present threads, slowly disseminating pertinent facts and events so that we understood how it all tied together and how things affected both Rachel and Caine. I also liked how VKeeland incorporated music into the story.
  • Romance
    There was no question about whether or not they'd fall but being witness to it was an experience. Caine never saw it coming, I don't think, feeling he had his walls strongly erected. Realizing who Rachel was to him threw him for a loop but luckily he pulled his head out before it was too late.
  • Narration
    Seriously, Arndt and York are a dream team here. They keep the pace perfect, keep the voices distinct, and deliver on ALL the feels. They're two of my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??