Monday, June 25, 2018

Audio Review ~ Show Me the Way ~ A.L. Jackson #AudioChallenge #ShelfLove

Show Me the Way (Fight for Me, #1)
Show Me the Way by A.L. Jackson
Fight for Me #1
Narrated byAndi Arndt and Zachary Webber
Release Date: October 13, 2017
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Purchased on Audible
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #AudioChallenge, #ShelfLove
Goodreads

Synopsis
Rex Gunner. As bitter as he is beautiful.

The owner of the largest construction company in Gingham Lakes has been burned one too many times. His wife leaving him to raise their daughter was the last blow this single dad could take. The only woman he'll let into his heart is his little girl.

Rynna Dayne. As vulnerable as she is tempting.

She ran from Gingham Lakes when she was seventeen. She swore to herself she would never return. Then her grandmother passed away and left her the deed to the diner that she once loved.

When Rex meets his new neighbor, he knows he's in trouble.

She's gorgeous and sweet and everything he can't trust.

Until she becomes the one thing he can't resist.

One kiss sends them tumbling toward ecstasy.

But in a town this size, pasts are bound to collide. Caught in a web of lies, betrayal, and disloyalty, Rex must make a choice.

Will he hide behind his walls or will he take the chance...




Oh my! It's been awhile since I spent time in a world created by A.L. Jackson and I'd forgotten how rich her stories are. I loved every second I spent in Gingham Lakes and its inhabitants and am eager to return.

Highlights:
  • Rynna & Rex
    Goodness did I love these two! They've both been burned - badly - and yet are still such giving people. They're loyal to their family and friends and care so deeply about them and their hometown. Watching them fight and eventually fall was beautiful.
  • Frankie Lee
    I believe I've mentioned how I feel about guys with kids. *wink* Frankie Lee and her daddy (Rex) were something to behold!
  • Plot
    The circumstances behind Rynna's return were sad but I couldn't help but feel Fate - and Rynna's grandma - had a hand in all that came afterward. The ways in which Rynna and Rex were tangled up in each other - people they knew, their businesses, Rex's love of Rynna's grandma's pies - only served to solidify the fact they were meant to be. The element of suspense and the tension it wrought was very well done and again, I appreciated how ALJ had it all tied together.
  • Romance
    Although there was a serious attraction, Rex fought it fiercely. That bothered me at first but I eventually understood her reasons and as I said, watching these two fall was beautiful. The fact that Frankie Lee was part of the equation only made the romance that much sweeter because the way Rynna fell for her too illustrated the kind of person she was and made me root for them all the harder.
  • Narration
    Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber are a dream team! (a theme lately) I freaking loved their delivery on all counts. The pace was perfect, they conveyed every single emotion, their voices for each character - especially Webber's voice for Frankie Lee - were distinct and consistent, and overall it was an utterly entertaining listen! So much so that I'm getting every ALJ book these two narrate.

Show Me the Way was not only a well-written story but also an aural delight!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??