Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #73 ~ At Peace ~ Kristen Ashley


Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is a weekly meme hosted by my blogger wife, Lexxie, @(un)Conventional Bookviews. It's a way to highlight a book using quotes that revolve around food and/or drinks. Every Thursday, post a line or two...or heck, a whole paragraph, that spoke to you in some way using food or drinks. *wink* Don't forget to link up!

My pick this week for Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is from:

At Peace by Kristen Ashley

***

"Buddy?" Joe called when we were in bed.
I was in his tee, my cheek to his chest, his heart beating in my ear and I was half asleep.
"Yeah?"
"That first time, shoulda made me a hot fudge sundae."
My head came up and I looked in the direction of his face, even though I couldn't really see him because it was dark.
"What?"
"Before I f*cuked you over the first time, you should made me a hot fudge sundae."
"Why?" I asked.
"I wouldn't have f*cked you over. I woulda taken you to Vegas."
"Vegas?"
"Married you, Vi," he said, sounding like he was close to laughing.
"What?" I breathed.
"They're that good."
"What are?"
His hand curled around the back of my head and he urged, definitely laughing now, "Stick with me here, honey. Your sundaes. They're that good."
My sundaes were good. I loved my sundaes. The hot fudge was Bea's recipe but I made it better simply by putting in a bit of cinnamon.
Still, I asked, "You wouldn't have told me you were done with me if I'd made you a sundae? Instead, you would have married me?"
"Yeah."
"Are you tryin' to piss me off when I'm half asleep?"
"Just givin' you a heads up on what'll keep me happy."
I pushed up higher. "You are tryin' to piss me off when I'm half asleep."
He curled up, his arms went around me, and suddenly I was on my back, Joe on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??