Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Brandee's Bookish Babble #35 ~ Question for Audiobook Fans...


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) 


***
I still consider myself to be an audiobook newb even though I've listened to quite a few over the last few years but I have a question for those of you audiobook listeners/lovers... How do you figure out if a narrator you like or dislike goes by different names??

I've had it happen that I've listened to several audiobooks in a row that were narrated by So-n-So. And it's not that I don't enjoy So-n-So's narration but I wanted to listen to a different voice, you know? So I pick a new audiobook with a narrator I've never heard of and I'm excited because this So-n-So might be a new favorite narrator. I'm giddy with anticipation as I queue up the audiobook and then it begins....aaaand this new So-n-So is actually the So-n-So that I was wanting a break from. *sigh*

When I Googled whether these two people were the same? Nothing. When I click on the narrator's name in Audible or Goodreads, the only books listed are those published under that particular name. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? Maybe I'm just clueless?? 

So all you audiobook fans, is there a way to figure it out ahead of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??