Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #78 ~ Beautifully Done ~ Riley Mackenzie


Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is a weekly meme hosted by my blogger wife, Lexxie, @(un)Conventional Bookviews. It's a way to highlight a book using quotes that revolve around food and/or drinks. Every Thursday, post a line or two...or heck, a whole paragraph, that spoke to you in some way using food or drinks. *wink* Don't forget to link up!

My pick this week for Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is from:

Beautifully Done by Riley Mackenzie

Asher and Talia have recently reconnected and they meet up in a bar to catch up. Yes, there's some playful bantering about their choices in beverages but after a few too many of their chosen beverages, they're dealing with the after effects the next day...

***

"What's up with the wannabe champagne?"
"I like it. Like you're one to talk. Heineken?"
"What? It's a solid classic. Never disappoints, always delicious." Come on. Was there an argument?
...
Let me make it up to you.
Egg sandwiches make everything better.

U promising bacon?

Only girl I knew who appreciated bacon.

For you anything
...
"Think I might need hash browns, too." She was pathetically adorable I was ready to fry the potatoes myself.
A carafe of high test, two bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches, and a serious order of hash browns later, we felt human again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??