Thursday, October 15, 2015

#OctobeRecFest Review #6 ~ Easy ~ Tammara Webber



Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)
Easy by Tammara Webber
Contours of the Heart #1
Release Date: November 6, 2012
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Purchased paperback
Rating: 5 Bookworms
Goodreads
Recommended by: Girls @Chapter Break, Naomi @Naomi's Reading Palace, Marilyn @Marilyn's Mystery Blog, Sharrice @Reese's Reviews, Ali @Black Heart Reviews, Robyn @Robgirlbooks, & Andrea (formerly The Bookish Babe)

Synopsis
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night - but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.





**This book was recommended by EVERYONE! (see above)**

To all my blogging friends who threatened to unfriend me for not having read this book sooner: I get it now. :) I'm sorry it took me so long but I'm on board with y'all now. Easy rocked!


It's easy to see why Easy is such a beloved story. It was an early entry in the New Adult market and it delivered beautifully on all the elements I've come to love in NA. And it did it with little angst.

I'm not going to rehash the entire book as I'm sure you've allread your fair share of reviews and/or have read the book yourselves. I'm going to highlight positives and negatives from my perspective.

+ Jacqueline - she's a great heroine. Sure she made mistakes but she proved her intelligence by not only learning from them but also creating something positive from the negatives. I enjoyed seeing her grow, stand up for herself, and show her inner strength.

+ Erin - she proved to be more than a one-dimensional secondary character. I adored her support of Jacqueline and championing of girl solidarity in general. She showed me not all Greek girls fit their stereotype.

+ Lucas - this boy broke my heart, made me smile, and cheer. He was proof looks can be deceiving. The depth contained in this guy...whoa!

+ Webber's realistic portrayal of college students dealing with relationships ending and beginning.

+ Webber's realistic portrayal of dealing with the fallout from sexual assault.

+ Dr. Heller - if only more professors were as compassionate as him.

- Absentee parents - okay, so both Jacqueline's and Lucas' parents were absentee but Lucas' had grounds. I didn't appreciate that Jacqueline's, particularly her mom, were more concerned with their own lives than their daughter's.

Yeah, I really think there was only the one negative.

Easy is compelling and well-written. I understand it's legions of fans. I'm now part of it and can't wait for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??