Saturday, February 24, 2018

My TBR List Review *February* ~ Once Bitten, Twice Shy ~ C.C. Wood #COYER #MyTBRL #ShelfLove #TravelingtotheTerminus

MyTBRList

My To-Be Read List is a meme hosted by Michelle @Because Reading



Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Bitten, #2)Once Bitten, Twice Shy by C.C. Wood
Bitten #2
Release Date: March 4, 2014
Genre: Adult, Paranormal Romance
Source: Purchased on Nook
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges: #COYER, #ShelfLove, #TravelingtotheTerminus
Goodreads

Synopsis

I used to think my life was boring. I resigned myself to the rut I was stuck in. Then my entire existence was turned upside down.

In the last six months, I've learned things that would get me committed to an asylum if I repeated them. First, I was kidnapped by vampires. Yes, vampires. Sounds crazy, right? My best friend, Donna, became one of the fanged after that little adventure and hooked up with a hot, Scottish vampire named Conner. They're even planning a wedding.

Secondly, I learned not all vampires are evil. In fact, some of them are downright sexy.

Alexander Dimitriades has it all. He's tall, dark, and handsome and manages to give me tingles in all the right places and also make me laugh. Unfortunately, to be with him, I would have to give up my humanity and I like being human. Then, there's the fact that the whole drinking blood thing gives me the heebie jeebies.

To make matters worse, there are plans in motion to change the place vampires hold in the human world. And I'm caught in the middle, between the vampire I'm falling in love with and a group that wants to create a vampire dictatorship, with humans as slaves.

Now, all I want is my calm, normal life back. As my friend, Ricki, likes to say, "Be careful what you wish for because it might come and bite you on the ass." I hate it when she's right.

*This work contains BDSM elements/themes, spanking, bondage, anal play, and a bossy, persistent Greek vampire.




I don't know why I put off reading more of this series. This was an exciting second installment and I had to scratch my head over why I took so long to pick it up. Time, I suppose. But I plan to read more - dare I say finish? - this series soon!

Highlights
  • Lex & Ivie
    I enjoyed the romance between these two even if Ivie made me want to shake her at times. The differences between them due to length of living made for entertaining interplay. Since the story is told from Ivie's POV I felt I got to know her better and I liked being witness to her learning more about herself as she fell for Lex. I enjoyed the way Lex took care of Ivie - letting her get used to him and their bond slowly, not wanting to scare her off. He was gentle with her even when he wanted to strangle her.
  • Secondary Cast
    Getting to spend time with Donna and Connor, from book #1, as well as their friends made for a more entertaining read. It also gave me glimpses into who they next couples might be.
  • Plot
    Although Wood is focusing on a different couple in each book, their stories are all bound together with an overarching plot involving vampire politics. Wood is slowly disseminating the machinations behind what's brewing with the vampires and she incorporates it well with her world building using vampire history and a Dallas setting

This installment was exciting, entertaining, and steamy. BDSM is mentioned in the synopsis but don't let that scare you away. It's barely an element, the smexy scenes are more just your typical smokin' hot sexy vamp sex scenes, and the plot doesn't revolve around BDSM in any way. I really am anxious to read the next installment as I think it may involve a werewolf and his witch. *wink*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??