Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #76 ~ Lord Midnight ~ Donna Cummings


Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is a weekly meme hosted by my blogger wife, Lexxie, @(un)Conventional Bookviews. It's a way to highlight a book using quotes that revolve around food and/or drinks. Every Thursday, post a line or two...or heck, a whole paragraph, that spoke to you in some way using food or drinks. *wink* Don't forget to link up!

My pick this week for Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is from:

Lord Midnight by Donna Cummings

I'm really not much of a brandy drinker but it does have its purposes and I like how Marisa used it to suit hers...and Gabriel's.

***

He sat down, his eyes widening at the heavily-laden tray on the table between them. "'Tis a veritable feast! And brandy no less! I imagine that request must have raised a few eyebrows belowstairs."
The lass was eminently resourceful, and he would be wise to remember that.
...
"I convinced Daphne that even my father espoused the medicinal properties of brandy on occasion. Of course," she confessed, "Father would add the blatant falsehood to the list of my failings should he ever learn of it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??