Monday, April 2, 2018

New Release Review ~ Angels Fall ~ JA Huss & Johnathan McClain (@JAHuss @MisterJMcClain ) #2018NewRelease

Angels Fall (Original Sin, #2)Angels Fall by JA Huss & Johnathan McClain
Original Sin Series #2
Release Date: March 27, 2018
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense
Source: I received an eARC from the author. This did not affect my rating and I voluntarily provided a review.
Rating: 3.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2018NewRelease
Goodreads ~ Amazon


Synopsis
Sometimes angels fall.

Maddie doesn't really owe drug lord, Carlos Castillo, money. So she hadn't taken his threats seriously. Until now. He wants it, whether she owes it or not. And if she doesn't have it in six weeks he's gonna take her as payment instead.

Tyler would save the world if he could. That's a fight that lasts forever. And if there's one thing he's good at, it's fighting. So if Maddie thinks she's gonna deal with an insane drug lord on her own, she's crazier than he is.

She's got a debt she can't pay. He's got more money than he needs.
She's not gonna fall for his charm. He's gonna make sure that happens.

They're destined to be together. Even if Maddie doesn't know it yet. 
Sometimes your soul mate isn't who you'd choose, it's who you need.

Good thing you don't get to choose.




While Angels Fall didn't resonate quite as strongly with me as Sin With Me did, I'm still completely invested in Maddie and Tyler and eager to see where they go from here.

Angels Fall, well I think it suffered a little from that sophomore slump. It did some character building, which was important, but not a lot happened. There was more angst than action in this installment. The angst was courtesy of a very stubborn Maddie and while I appreciate her fierce independence, sometimes it's smarter - proves your intelligence - to ask for and/or accept assistance. She spent a great deal of time digging in her heels and I wanted to shake some sense into her. Tyler spent a great deal of time doing everything he could to earn her trust and that made me fallfor him that much more.

So this time around Huss and McClain pulled me along on Maddie and Tyler's journey and I trust they know where they're going...I just didn't enjoy the ride as much. However...that ending!! OMG!!! It has me chomping at the bit to see what Maddie and Tyler do next. I'm certain there will be more angst, more *ahem* steam, and more action. I'm vibrating in anticipation.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??