Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Release Day Review ~ Flesh into Fire ~ JA Huss & Johnathan McClain (@JAHuss @MisterJMcClain) #2018NewRelease

Flesh Into Fire (Original Sin, #3)Flesh into Fire by JA Huss & Johnathan McClain
Original Sin Series #3
Release Date: April 17, 2018
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense
Source: I received an eARC from the author. This did not affect my rating and I voluntarily provided a review.
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges: #2018NewRelease
Goodreads ~ Amazon

Synopsis
Payback is owed.

And Maddie Clayton is going to collect. This time Carlos and Logan have gone too far. People are dead, lives have been changed, and she's had enough. Plus, she's got the Devil on her side, so when an enemy turns into a friend with an idea of how to take Carlos down, she's in.

Tyler Morgan has been fighting back his whole adult life. He's ready for anything when it comes to payback. But endangering Maddie can't be part of the deal. Unfortunately for him, once Maddie gets an idea in her head, there's no stopping her.

Her debt has been paid in blood and she wants revenge.

His fight is still there, but now he's got more at stake than himself.

The end is coming.

But even if they win against Carlos, they can still lose each other.




Flesh into Fire reignited my interest in Maddie and Tyler's story. I felt like there was quite a bit of character growth on both Maddie's and Tyler's parts and there was more action and, um, less sex in this installment. The plot moved forward although I still have no idea where Huss & McClain are going with this story. But I'm once again delighted to be on the ride. Here are a few highlights and observations:

  • I found it interesting that Tyler always saw Maddie as his angel - even dreaming of her in this way and how she's letting her "devil" rule. Because of him? Or has Maddie always been this way? I think the dreams are important...I just can't figure out how. LOL
  • Of course there would be a curve ball I never saw coming which changed the trajectory of the story - not that I'd figured out the trajectory but I feel certain this curve ball changed it.
  • There's a new catch phrase in use in this installment and I'm not really a fan. It wasn't used in the earlier installments and now everyone is saying it. *frowns*
  • When we're in Tyler and Maddie's heads, their voices are distinct but sometimes in the dialog they sound very similar. It kinda took me out of the story when I'd be reading Maddie saying something and it sounded so much like Tyler that I had to double-check who was speaking.

At times I wanted to shake Maddie and Tyler for their decisions and there were times when I was rolling my eyes at the over-the-top-ness in certain situations. The twists in the plot though made things exciting and I'm going to mention again the character growth because I *liked* it. Both Maddie and Tyler had some very insightful moments where they realized some profound things about themselves and each other as well as themselves as a couple. I'm still speculation as to where they're headed - I really have no clue. But Flesh into Fire had more action, more excitement, more humor, and *ahem* the character growth so I'm thrilled to learn where Maddie and Tyler are going and I'm grateful I only have a few more weeks til I find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??