Friday, April 27, 2018

Review ~ Badd Motherf*cker ~ Jasinda Wilder #ShelfLove

Badd Motherf*cker (Badd Brothers, #1)Badd Motherf*cker by Jasinda Wilder
Badd Brothers #1
Release Date: October 28, 2016
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Kindle Freebie
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges: #ShelfLove
Goodreads

Synopsis
Your wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, right? That's what they say, at least. I went into that day hoping I'd get the happiest day of my life. What I got? The worst. I mean, you really can't get any worse of a day without someone actually dying.

So...I may have gotten just a little drunk, and maybe just a tad impetuous.

And landed myself in a dive bar somewhere in Alaska, alone, still in my wedding dress, half-wasted and heart-broken.

***
Eight brothers, one bar.

Sounds like the beginning to a bad joke, yeah?

I kinda think so.

Wanna hear another joke? A girl walks into a bar, soaking wet and wearing a wedding dress.

I knew I shouldn't have touched her. She was hammered, for one thing, and heartbroken for another. I've chased enough tail to know better. That kinda thing only leads to clinginess, and a clingy female is the last thing on this earth I need.

I got a bar needs running, and only me to run it - at least until my seven wayward brothers decide to show their asses up...

The this chick walks in, fine as hell, wearing a soaked wedding dress that leaves little enough to the imagination - and I've got a hell of an imagination.

I knew I shouldn't have touched her. Not so much as a finger, not even innocently.

But I did.




Oh how I enjoyed Badd Motherf*cker! This served as my introduction to Wilder's fiction despite my having quite the collection of her books. I'm sorry I waited so long and I intend to read more sooner than later!

So the crux of the series is that there are these 8 brothers from Ketchikan, Alaska, and they grew up living above a bar owned and run by their father. Badd Motherf*cker is Sebastian's story - the eldest Badd brother - and the one who stayed behind to run the bar. He's the kind of guy who screws women once and never repeats, never commits. But things change when Dru Connolly walks into his bar wearing a drenched wedding dress.

Dru found out at the last possible moment that the man she was marrying was not "the one" for her. She ends up in Ketchikan at Badd's Bar & Grill - the exact place she's meant to be.

I loved Dru and Sebastian together. They played well off each others' strengths and weaknesses. Sebastian definitely needs a woman who can kick his ass as well as set a broken nose - and I mean both those literally. Was the story perfect? No but it was absolutely entertaining. There was a definite case of insta-lust that developed into more rather quickly. Add to that Sebastian's brothers returning - in all their various shapes and personalities - and all the mayhem that created. It made for a lot of fun, several punches thrown, and my laughing out loud. Badd Motherf*cker was the perfect blend of fun, serious, and steam...lots of steam! It was just what I needed. AND I have 7 more stories to enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??