Wednesday, January 7, 2015

**#COYER Review ~ Seven Sons ~ LIli St. Germain**

Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers, #1)
Seven Sons
Gypsy Brothers #1
Release DateJanuary 3, 2014
Genre: Adult, Dark, Contemporary Romance
Source: Amazon *Freebie*
Rating: 5 Bookworms
Goodreads ~ Amazon

Synopsis
My father was most certainly NOT an innnocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn't commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.

Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I've just turned twenty-one, and I'm out for blood. I'm out for revenge.

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my father's death?

***

I just wanted to make a note that I one-clicked Seven Sons on January 12, 2014!! Almost a year later, I finally read it. And now I'm kicking myself for not having one-clicked the entire series when they were *all* 99 cents!!


Holy wow!! Why, oh why did I wait so long to read this? Seven Sons was a thrilling yet shocking look at what the need for revenge can drive someone to do. I was riveted. I finished it in one sitting, tightly gripping my kindle as I flew through the pages. Seven Sons is dark - rather appalling, actually. It's gruesome, gritty...and fantastic!

Six years ago, Juliette Portland lost what mattered most in the world to her - she died that day. She's been reborn - as Samantha Peyton - and she's set about exacting her revenge. And she'll have it.

Sammi is amazing in her calculated precision. She has planned her revenge in exquisite detail. There are glimpses of the broken, vulnerable girl buried within her and that glimpse is what keeps her human.

St. Germain did a brilliant job of conveying Sammi's past and her desire for vengeance. The flashbacks detail every thing she suffered and the emotional toll it all took. I can't imagine experiencing it myself but I feel Sammi's pain and need to dole out punishment. Dornan and the sons I've met, with the exception of Jase, all seem soulless and deserving of Sammi's wrath. I am eager to see what will happen with Jase though.

I'm wringing my hands over what will come next. Thank goodness the entire series is already available.


29 comments:

  1. Oh. makes me wonder what one-click gems I have hidden. I love the set up for this and I am so glad you loved it. I have marked it for reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Brandee! I know I'm going to love this - and I don't think I have one-clicked it. And do you want me to answer that question, or was it simply rhetorical?
    I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday, my dear! I haven't had a cigarette in two full days!! I hope I'll be able to continue being smoke-free tomorrow :D
    *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flashbacks hurt to read! My gosh! The author did a really great job of conveying what Juliette went through without being gratuitous. I really want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to read this even though I shy away dark and gritty. Man, I'm gonna one-click this aren't I? Stories about revenge and having to choose between a new life/moving on and making the bad guys pay, that's good stuff, but usually heart wrenching. I'm glad you loved it, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, Brandee. I nearly one clicked this one last year then got distracted and didn't. After reading your thoughts I think I'll be adding it to my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I one clicked...have to say your review definitely made me want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The motivations and concepts of revenge sound really well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when you read a book and you weren't expecting it to be epic and it is :) This is a fantastic review! I might one-click it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love dark (and you know it!) soooo, I suppose I should one-click this, huh? I hear you!
    Thanks, Brandee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES!! Silvia, you should totally one-click this one. I'd love to see what you think. It just really made an impression on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, Michelle...this series got a lot of hype. And I one-clicked this one (since it was free) but didn't snatch up the rest because I figured I should read the first one to make sure I like the story and the writing style....sooo kicking myself! But you just never know, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all well done, Brandi. And I sooo want to read the next one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is, Stormi! I love COYER too!! Can't wait to see what other gems I have hiding! *ha*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! I hope you love it, Laura. Angie @Pinkindle read it and loved it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's one you'd like, Marilyn. It's dark - really dark. But I really am kicking myself for not having read it sooner. Wonder how many of those we both have on our ereaders?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are sooooo gonna one-click this. It's a quick read so it won't take too much time away from other reads/things. And then we can talk about it!! I'm thinking it might break my heart at some point. Gah! It's just so good! Did you one-click it yet?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Didn't they? I thought she did a great job as well, Angie. And I feel reasonably sure that I'll be spending some of my $10/month book budget on this series. ;) I just have to know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aaaand one-clicked it! You know how to push my buttons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You WILL love it, Lexxie! I really think you will. I can't believe how much I loved it! I hope you one-clicked. :)


    Well, it's Friday already...already. I worked today so I'm tired. But I *did* manage to refrain from buying books. It was challenging because there are a lot of new pretties. :) I'm hoping you had a lovely day and that you're continuing on your *easy* path to being smoke-free. :) **BIG HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL Yeah, it might come close to breaking you, Teresa. I'm pretty sure that at some point in the series it will definitely break me. But I still want to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is definitely dark, Lola. But it's gripping and well written. I honestly can't wait to see what comes next. I hope that, if you decide to read it, you love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know, right?? I'm wondering what other ones I have. Hopefully, I'll find quite a few more during COYER.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, hey, I already have this one! I one-clicked it as a freebie months ago, so YAY for that ;) Great review, Brandee! I'll have to dig this one out of the archive . . . *lowers voice ominously* . . . of THOUSANDS. <-----true story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm looking forward to reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think I have this too.... now I know i need to get onto it ASAP! Dayum! Awesome review!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great review Brandee! I probably have bunches in my tbr pile that are great but who knows when I will get to them...I am glad this worked so well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Jessica! *giggles* Yeah, I've been trying to organize my digital library shelves as of late...it's like Christmas. I have soooo many! *whispers* and I have 3 ereaders. *eek*

    ReplyDelete
  28. If you don't have it, one-click it, Naomi. NOW. (I think it's still free) YOU.WILL.LOVE.IT!! Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks, Lorna! And I happen to know a little something about having so many books I may not live long enough to read them all. *haha*

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??