Saturday, October 31, 2015

My TBR List Reviews ~ #OctobeRecFest Edition

MyTBRList

My To-Be Read List is a meme hosted by Michelle @Because Reading. I think it's a fabulous idea because it gets y'all in the game and it helps me knock off some of the many, many books on my TBR list. You're more than welcome to join in the fun! I've included the basic rules below but you can click on the graphic above to hop over to Michelle's site where you can find all the details. 

Here's how it works:
On the first Saturday of each month, I will make a post with three books from my TBR List (these books can be already on your ereader or bookshelf OR books you might want to purchase) and add your link on the linky that will be provided on Michelle's post. Y'ALL will help me choose which book I will read next. The following Saturday, I will announce which book won. Then the last Saturday of the month, I'll post my review.

Fun, right?!?


***

This month's choices, an #OctobeRecFest edition, are thanks to: Michelle@Because Reading, and Melanie@Rabid Reads. Check back on October 31 to see what I thought of these recs! Ladies, I sincerely thank you for the recs! I enjoyed both these reads immensely!


Michelle Recommends Staci Hart

Deer in Headlights (Hearts and Arrows, #1)Deer in Headlights
Good Gods #1

Synopsis
Lex is everything Dean needs -- but he can't ever have her.

It doesn't matter that she's beautiful or that her art and poetry speak to his shredded heart. She's the new drummer's girlfriend, the latest in a long line of drummers past. He promised the band he'd stay away to protect their record deal, so he's left with no choice but to deny his heart for the sake of their music.

Dean is everything Lex wants -- but she can't take the risk.

When Lex meets Dean, she's sure it's only attraction that has her so hung up on the dark, damaged lead singer, but the more she learns about him, the more she wants him. Love has never been worth the sacrifice, until now. But she can't put her heart on the line -- she won't -- even though she wants to for the first time.

If only they knew they were just pawns in a much bigger game. And in this game of love, Aphrodite never loses.



Deer in Headlights is an entertaining introduction to an incredible concept for a series! Greek gods battling against one another in a game of love - with humans as pawns?!? Score!

There's so much going on in this book - a story within a story with so many plot threads. It's told over the course of 3 weeks using multiple POVs and this format works so well! In this installment, Aphrodite and Apollo are pitted against one another. Apollo is trying to prevent the love match between Dean and Lex while Dita is, of course, doing everything she can to ensure it. There is much at stake for both the gods as they're still embroiled in a centuries-old feud over Adonis and Daphne.

Seeing Dita and Apollo match wits as well as witnessing how their feud has affected them both was riveting. Watching their efforts and the effects on Dean and Lex, two people so broken, with so many issues only they could fit together perfectly, even more so. Deer in Headlights tugged on my heartstrings and it made me laugh, too. It's so unique - the story, the characters. I'm completely enamored.

I know I'm not saying much beyond how I enjoyed this story. Hopefully my feelings will prompt you to one-click this one. Hart had me engaged from page 1 and I hope I can get further into the series soon.




Melanie Recommends Eve Langlais

A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)
A Demon and His Witch
Welcome to Hell #1

Synopsis
Burning alive is nothing compared to the heat of his touch.

There are better ways to break up with a girl than having her roasted at the stake as a witch. Is it any wonder Ysabel has trust issues? She got her revenge, though, and it only cost her a slightly tarnished soul.

Working for Lucifer isn't all bad, until her ex-boyfriend escapes the bowels of Hell and she's forced to team up with the womanizing demon to fetch the jerk back.

As a minion in Lucifer's legion, Remy's seen a lot of things, but nothing can prepare him for the witch with the acerbic tongue - and voluptuous figure. The more she pushes him away, the more determined he becomes to seduce her. However, what's a poor demon to do when he accidentally falls in love and wants to keep her forever?

Welcome to Hell where you're screwed if you do and damned if you don't. And just so you know, Lucifer has a special spot reserved for you...



A Demon and His Witch was a sexy, fun romp and an addicting introduction to Langlais' Welcome to Hell series. There was just enough substance combined with her signature humor and seam to keep me reading as well as excited for the next in the series.

So what do you get when you throw a woman burned by love, literally, together with a womanizer of unequal measure? An explosive combination, for sure. Ysabel, who has trusted no man with her heart for 500 years, is understandably gun-shy when it comes to sharing her heart with a man. Remy has never seen any need to settle for one woman when variety is the spice of life. But when these two meet, begin getting acquainted, they both realize that real love is worth risking everything.

The playful banter between these two made for a lot of wicked fun. And then there was a wickedly funny Lucifer added to the mix. I really enjoyed being along for the ride as Ysabel and Remy worked at recapturing the escaped souls Lucifer tasked them with finding, as well as learning the lengths they'd go to for love.

Fast-paced, hilarious, and smexy, A Demon and His Witch was enchanting. I look forward to continuing the series. Thanks for the rec, Melanie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??