Saturday, August 16, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #52**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************

August's themes are Artistic, Musical, Twins, Humanitarians, Adventureers, Has or Should Have a Motorcycle ~ a little something for everyone ;)

My pick this week:
Cole St. Clair

from Maggie Stiefvater's The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series

Cole St. Clair fits a few of these themes. He's artistic and musical. And Cole St. Clair is one dude who should definitely be on a motorcycle. He's a rock star. He's HOT. He's arrogant. He's snarky. He's, at times, narcissistic. He's a bad boy. ;) Oh, he's also pretty lovable and he makes me laugh.

***

"You want to talk? Fine. Talk. Tell me something you've never told anybody else."
I thought for a moment. "Turtles have the second-largest brains of any animal on the planet."
It took Isabel only a second to process this. "No, they don't."
"I know that's why I've never told anybody that before."
-Cole & Isabel, Linger

"You're not that girl," Cole said, sounding tired. "Trust me, I've seen enough of them to know. Look. Don't cry. You're not that girl either."
"Oh yeah? What girl am I?"
"I'll let you know when I figure it out. Just don't cry."
-Cole & Isabel, Linger

"Voicemail #3: "Hi, this is Cole St. Clair. Want to know two true things? One, you're never picking up this phone. Two, I'm never going to stop leaving long messages. It's like therapy. Gotta talk to someone..."
-Cole to Isabel's voicemail, Forever

"Now, I was a fan of the simple pleasures in life: grilled cheese sandwiches without black flecks on the crust, jeans that didn't pinch the better parts of me, an inch of vodka, ten to twelve hours of sleep."
-Cole, Forever

**

I haven't read Sinner yet, which is Cole's book. 
But I CAN'T WAIT!!

8 comments:

  1. Ugh, Cole! Yessss! I loved Cole too and should really make reading Sinner a priority. In fact, I just read a great review for Sinner that has me super excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Andrea. I went to the signing Maggie did here, so I have my copy just waiting for me to have time. :)

      Delete
  2. Just read and reviewed Sinner you guys, get yer butts in gear coz it's awesomesauce!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Okey-dokey, lady!! I'll get my butt in gear!

      Delete
  3. Grilled cheese sandwiches, vodka, and ten to twelve hours of sleep? Me and Cole almost have the same life goals. Gonna have to look into this series now. Matt @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Cole is pretty fantastic, Matt. If you do check out the series, I'd love to know what you think!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Sinner yet either!! I NEED to do that and SOON. I love Cole. LOVE. Great pick, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cole definitely added to much to the series, Jessica. And I can't wait to read Sinner. Especially after going to the signing and hearing from Maggie how this particular book came about.... "I'm a werewolf...in Los Angeles..." *giggles*

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??