Sunday, October 30, 2016

2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge Update ~ October

BookishResolution Challenge 2016

Laura @Trips Down Imagination Road and Michelle @Because Reading are once again hosting the Bookish Resolutions Challenge in 2016. I participated in this challenge last year and it was a good way to keep me motivated in certain areas, so I decided to do it again this year.

My Goals for 2016
  • Blogging Goals
    • Keep up with commenting back weekly
    • Link up my challenge posts bi-weekly
    • Learn some HTML to change up format of posts
  • Reading Goals
    • Raise my Netgalley rating to 50%
    • Read books my kids *need* me to read
      • Alice in Wonderland
      • Death with Interruptions 
      • Everything is Illuminated
      • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
      • Listening for Luka
      • School of Good and Evil
      • The Things They Carried
      • Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
      • Wonderstruck
  • Personal Goals
    • Stick to my daily schedule


Progress made in October

Blogging Goals
  • I've continued to be better at keeping up with commenting and commenting back in October. Yay! :D I'm still working at creating a schedule to balance everything though.  
Reading Goals
  • My rating is still at 22%. I'm not doing so well with this resolution. I'll continue to work at it though. 
  • I did get one of my Kids' Recs List read in October - Alice in Wonderland was an interesting read. I'm hoping to get a chat review done with Jax. I also read another book, I'll Give You the Sun, at Sky's request. She didn't change her list to include this one but I'm still going to give myself some credit! ;)
Personal Goals
  • My personal goals - well, it seems I can't get it all together at one time. :) I'm still continuing to work at them. I slacked off a little on exercising in October because we had some colder weather and it was WINDY so I didn't make it outside. I can exercise indoors but my kids had left the exercise room a disaster and I just couldn't make myself go down there. :/ I participated in the Blog Ahead Challenge in October and was able to get 28 posts created and scheduled. This DOES free up some time for me to participate in NaNoWriMo in November. Woot! I even have posts scheduled into January. That's a good feeling.
    We left today for our final band competition - State - in Grand Junction. I know my kids will move right into the next musical activity on their plate, but I'll be glad marching band season is done even if we've had a great season!

    I AM participating in NaNoWriMo starting Tuesday. I will do my best to be as present as possible in the blogosphere. But if I'm not around as much, just know I'm working hard at writing. :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??