Sunday, December 31, 2017

Favorites of 2017 ~ Books & Audiobooks


I enjoyed doing a "look back at the year" in 2016 so I figured it'd once again be fun to bring 2017 to a close by listing some of favorites. I hope you enjoy reading about some of my favorites and I'd be happy to hear about any of yours!


*~*Books & Audiobooks*~*
  • How the Duke Was Won - I chose this book solely because it was narrated by Beverley A. Crick but I found a new favorite author in Lenora Bell
  • The Nightingale - a powerful read about how war affected women during WWII from Kristin Hannah
  • Red Rising - so realistic in nature and well written, so many parallels to our world today
  • Rock F*ck Club - a female anthem, if you will, for equality - especially in our sexuality
  • Outlander - omigosh! I adore Jamie and Claire!
  • And I Darken - I'm only waiting til 2018 to read the next installment - and honestly, I'm so anxious over it - because the final installment releases in June of 2018. Sometimes I hate the wait.
  • Texas Rodeo series - an incredible series revolving around small town West Texas and the rodeo circuit - great writing and narration (Kari Lynn Dell & Johanna Parker)
  • New Camelot Trilogy - I listened to the first two - excellent narration - and read the final installment because I was too anxious to wait for the audio! I adored this trilogy!
  • The Angel - such a unique story and so very well conveyed
  • Steal the Light - it's making the list because IT. HAS. IT. ALL!
Honestly, this list was hard to compile. I mean, I read 160 books this year so it's hard to narrow it down to ~10. In the end, I realized it was just a good reading year. *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??