Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #72 ~ One with You ~ Sylvia Day


This week's quote comes from One with You by Sylvia Day. I think the scene, from Gideon's POV, is sweet and shows where he and Eva are at this point in their relationship. It also helped me decide on one dinner item for my week! ;)

She'd set us up to eat at the island, putting Chris and me on the side with bar stools, while she stood opposite us and ate standing up. She was so casual and relaxed, as was the atmosphere she'd created.
Three pillar candles fragranced the air with something citrusy and spicy. Dinner was a seared steak salad, with Gorgonzola, sliced red onions, red and yellow sweet peppers, and a tangy vinaigrette. Crispy bread soaked in garlic butter stayed warm in a napkin-lined basket, while a decanted bottle of red wine waited to fill stemless glasses.
I watched her as she swayed to the music while she ate and chatted with Chris about the Outer Banks beach house. I remembered for a moment how the penthouse had been before she'd started moving in. It was where I lived, but I couldn't say it was home. On some level, I must have known she was coming when I bought the place. It waited for her, as I had, needing her to bring life into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??