Saturday, April 19, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #38**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment

**********************************
April's theme ~ silly, joker, prankster, comedic relief, outrageous, and the like...   

My choice of character: 
Adam Black
from Karen Marie Moning's Highlander Series

Adam Black is Tuatha De, a sexy Fae prince. He's been interfering with the Seelie queen's plans by meddling in human affairs, typically by seducing the women, for eons. He's playful and gets himself into all kinds of mischief. When the queen finally tires of his antics, she punishes him by taking his immortality and making him invisible. Of course, this doesn't stop him. And his attempts to win back his immortality are more fun than what lost it for him in the first place. Adam is present throughout the Highlander series, but he also go this own book, The Immortal Highlander.

If you haven't read this series - which, although is a precursor to the Fever series can be read standalone, hop to it. It's fantastic! And there are so many clues about things going in the the Fever world. 

*** 

"You will wear the feth fiada until this is done, Amadan."
"Bloody hell," Adam muttered savagely. "I hate being invisible."
"And Keltar," Aoibheal said in a voice like sudden thunder, with a glance up at the balustrade. "Henceforth I would advise against tampering with my curses. Perform the Lughnassadh ritual now or face my wrath."
"Aye, Queen Aoibheal," Dageus and Drustan replied together, stepping out from behind stone columns bracketing the stairs. 
Adam smiled faintly. He should have known no Highland would flee, only retreat to a higher vantage - take to the hills, in a manner of speaking - waiting in silent readiness should battle be necessary." -The Immortal Highlander

"Tell them, Gabrielle," Adam urged impatiently.
Blinking, Gabby nodded. "I have one of the, er...fairies here with me --"
"Tuatha De," Adam corrected irritably. "You're bloody well making me sound like Tinkerbell." -The Immortal Highlander

"I am the man you've needed all your life. I can give you whatever you wish before you even realize you are wishing for it. I can fill your every longing, heal your every wound, right your every wrong. You have enemies" Not with me at your side. You have hunger" I will find the most succulent, ripe morsel and feed you with my bare hands. You have pain? I will ease it. Bad dreams? I will chase them asunder. Regrets? I will g back and undo them. Command me, Beauty, and I am yours." -Beyond the Highland Mist

"You were firing questions at me today, trying to get inside my head. You asked if I believe in God. I told you of course I do - I've always had a strong sense of self." -The Immortal Highlander

15 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book to read, I love joker type Fae, I will have to give it a go. Thanks Jodie @ Aussie Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will NOT be disappointed in this series, Jodie! :)

      Delete
  2. Ack! You've just reminded me how much I want to start this series. Adam sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo good, Andrea! I read it after I'd read the first 3 or 4 in the Fever series. You'll love it!!

      Delete
  3. Heck yeah! He is such a troublemaker this Adam Black!

    P.S. Hey if you want to read Red by Kate SeRine let me know and I'll loan it to you via Amazon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is and he's awesome!

      I will take you up on that offer - when I have some time...soon! ;) Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any Moning yet! I'm terrible! Adam Black sounds like so much fun, but the second to last quote had me nodding along, yep, Adam all of that! I vow to read a Karen M. Moning book this year. And J.R. Ward too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're not terrible. There are sooo many great books out there! And I got you started on Huss and Ashley first. ;) *haha* You'll love KMM and JRW is pretty great too. ;)

      Delete
  5. KMM's Highlander series was the very first PNR that I ever read. Seeing that you love it as much as I do, it will come as no surprise that I was immediately hooked. And Adam Black . . . *swoons* Love him. I really feel like the series should have ended with his book (I thought the one that came after his was the weakest of all the installments, and I read in an interview that KMM had the hardest time forcing that one out of any book she's ever written). Anyway, great pick!

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was totally hooked immediately too, Jessica. Adam is soo swoony. :) And I agree, his book should have been last in the series. I'm so glad to know we both share a love for KMM!

      Delete
  6. Adam is a terrific choice Brandee! I've read all of the Fever series and have listened to Beyond the Highland Mist. I loved Adam in that one and can't wait to see what mischief he gets up to as the series progresses. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved seeing Adam show up throughout the series, Traci. But The Immortal Highlander was fantastic!! I can wait for you to catch up in the series. :) Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  7. Oh YUM! Adam Black is an awesome Highlander, a lot alpha, a little scary, and extremely loyal. Excellent choice, my dear. I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
    We have arrived safely in NYC, and we're all enjoying ourselves a lot :) *BIG HUGS*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lex!! I'm glad you made it safely and are having a great time! Yeah, Adam is an awesome Highlander! Totally swoon-worthy! *ha* Thanks for taking time to drop by, my dear! **BIG HUGS**

      Delete
  8. A precursor to the Fever Series?? How do I not know about this? Adam sounds fantastic. I can only imagine what sort of mischief and invisible fae can get into. Excellent choice :D And I'm looking this one up immediately! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??