Saturday, April 26, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #39 ~ Mister Mischief**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment

**********************************
April's theme ~ silly, joker, prankster, comedic relief, outrageous, and the like...   

I just read a review of On the Edge @ Rabid Reads this week and it made me think of a great sidekick characters. So...

My choice of character: 
Jack Drayton
from Ilona Andrews' Edge Series

Jack is always getting into some sort of mischief. He's adorably precocious. He really can't help it - curiosity of a natural trait of cats. ;) Jack, a cat shifter, and his brother George, a necromancer, both are constantly into something or other and driving their sister, Rose, crazy. But Jack, with his kitten ways, usually made me smile or giggle whether he was chasing leech birds, stealing food, or other activities where he generally disregarded whatever Rose told him to do or not do. Both Jack and George are a lot of fun, but I took a special liking to Jack.

If you haven't read this series, or Ilona Andrews at all, hop to it! You will not be disappointed!

13 comments:

  1. I love characters that always find trouble! They can be so much fun! I have not read this series... gotta check it out! Sounds fun!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love Jack then, Teresa. This is a great series, IMO. :)

      Delete
  2. I've definitely read Ilona Andrews, but I haven't yet made it to this series. I soooo want to though :D I love the sound of Jack and George to be honest, but I bet I would lean more towards Jack as well from your descriptions. Excellent choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'll enjoy this series, Jaclyn, since you love Ilona Andrews. And Jack will steal your heart. :)

      Delete
  3. JACK! Oh, how I love (BOTH) of those boys! I agree that Jack is probably the more entertaining of the two, but I did form an attachment to George as well when he was struggling to let go of the things he needed to let go of . . . I just love those books! Great choice of sidekick ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both Jack and George - but Jack just stole my heart for whatever reason. :) I'm glad you love this series, too, Jessica!

      Delete
  4. I started this book when I flew to Colorado, but it wasn't a travel type story for me, but I did get to meet the boys. I loved Jack right away. I love that he has cat traits and that he can't stop chasing birds even though that's really bad for him. It's a bundle under the covers type of day, the rain is insane! I hope you're having better weather or really a good book, oh, oh, both! Great sidekick pick, Brandee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think it's a travel story either, Robyn. But Jack is awesome. :) I hope you get to read it sometime soon. It's a sit in front of the fire day here. No moisture but WIND and cooler temps. I'd like some rain, but I understand why you're tired of it. :) I hope you've had a great Sunday, girlie!!

      Delete
  5. I'm starting On the Edge tomorrow (listening on audio). I can't wait to meet Jack!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you love it too, Traci!! I know you'll love Jack. ;)

      Delete
  6. hehehe, Jack is a perfect choice. God, I love everything Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there actually another series I haven't started yet? Jack sounds awesome, I love mischievous characters :D Happy reading, my dear. *BIG HUGS*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know Jack (pun intended, I guess), but based on the reactions, he's a great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??