Tuesday, April 22, 2014

**Teaser Tuesday ~ #15**

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




***


Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)
Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley
Rock Chick #2
Release Date:
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Suspense

Synopsis
Jet McAlister has a secret. Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet (not to mention Eddie's just plain hot.) Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie's interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her waitressing shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie's a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet's used to solving everyone's problems she doesn't want Eddie's help.

Throw in a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner, Jet's ne'er do well father, his ne'er do well friend, Bear, Bear's long-suffering, chain-smoking wife Lavonne and the crew from Rock Chick and you've got Rock Chick Rescue.

Rock Chick Rescue takes you on a wild ride with Jet, Eddie and the gang as they wrestle bad guys in a bagel ship, hit Denver's backstreet poker tables (with big hair), and help the strippers at Smithie's take down a would-be murderer.

Through this, Jet's got to learn that even when life made you give up your dreams, you can still end up with the (hot) guy. Eddie's got to rescue Jet from a bad man (so he can do better things with her) and teach her that some dreams can come true.

***Teaser***

"The way I see it, the minute I got my hand in your pants and made you come, that bought me nearly an entire day of you bein' nice to me. You didn't yell at me once, you cried in my arms and fell asleep in them too. So, I'm guessin' that's the way to keep you sweet."

29 comments:

  1. Haha! Nice tease!! Just kind of shocked at the openess of that statement!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I do like your teaser, Brandee! I think I saw this book around recently but can't remember on which blog... Anyway, great pick! :)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first in the series last month, Silvia. I loved it sooo much I'm reading (along with Robyn Jones) one each month. My review will post this week. I loved RCR even more than the first one!! And be on the lookout for teaser/review of Rock Chick Redemption next month.

      Delete
  3. That's a great teaser, Brandee!! I'm definitely keeping this one in mind for when I clear my TBR! (Oh, I'm a new follower, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL You definitely got my attention with THAT teaser! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another series I need to get started on! LOVE that teaser! Thanks for sharing =]

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, you will LOVE this series! It is just so much FUN!!!

      Delete
  6. ROFL! I bet that would make ANYBODY nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! I freaking love Eddie Chavez! I admit, when one of my friends is grouchy I say they need someone to "make them sweet." I hope you're enjoying RCRescue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigod, Andrea! I loved RCR! And I'm so thankful that you gushed and gushed over Kristen Ashley! ;)

      Delete
  8. Holy teaser! Ok. I know Andrea loves Kristen Ashley, and I've been hearing so much buzz about her books lately! I will need to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That definitely was one hot and heavy opening line. Great pick, Brandee.
    I haven't seen this book before. Sounds like one I would be interested in reading.

    As always, thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should see what happens before Jet & Eddie end up here, Marilyn! ;) This series is sooo much fun!

      Delete
  10. hehe, good teaser. Sounds like a good book

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehe!! Love that teaser... another for the TBR!! lol

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting teaser. Kinda makes me wonder how mean the main character usually is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to read to find out, Julie! ;) Or read my review this week. *ha*

      Delete
  13. Oh my gosh, I'm not even sure what I would say to that! "Shut up!" comes to mind. Eddie is so dang arrogant, but he melts Jet like no one else! What a great quote. I bet you had a long list of Eddie-isms. I hope you're having a great week. It's so soggy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, indeed, Robyn! Eddie is very quotable! *ha*

      Delete
  14. Oh LOL! You know this series is already on my Mt. TBR thanks to you, right? I need to read this, he sounds deliciously cocky (haha).

    We're safely back home now, tired and almost dizzy with jet-lag, but happy with our trip. Only bad thing is that three of our suitcases got left behind in London on the way back home, but they're supposed to be delivered this evening.

    I've missed you this week, and I have so much catching up to do :) But I had a fabulous time! *BIG HUGS*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he's definitely delicious AND cocky, Lexxie! ;)

      Hope you've had time to decompress this weekend. I've missed you too and can't wait to catch up! *big hugs*

      Delete
  15. Woah! I have no words. I am thinking I need to read this like asap!!! Hope to see your review of this soon though so I can make my final decision. Great teaser by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??