Friday, October 17, 2014

**OctobeRec Fest Review #2 ~ With You ~ Nashoda Rose**


I one-clicked With You after reading a tempting review from Naomi @Nomi's Paranormal Palace. Thanks, Naomi!! I can't wait to get started on Torn from You. :)


***

With You (Tear Asunder, #0.5)With You
Tear Asunder #0.5
Release Date: December 20, 2013
Genre: Dark, Contemporary Romance
Source: *Freebie* puchased on Amazon
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ B&N

Synopsis
Sculpt is an illegal fighter.

He's also the lead singer of a local rock band.

No one knows his real name.

And from the moment I met him, he made me forget mine.

In order to convince Sculpt to give me self-defense lessons, I had to follow his one rule - no complaining or he'd walk. I didn't think it would be a problem. I could handle a few bruises. What I hadn't anticipated was landing on my back with Scult on top of me and my entire body burning up for him.

I tried to ignore it.

I failed of course, And having a hot, tattooed badass on top of me week after week, acting completely immune to what he was doing to my body - it was frustrating as hell, so I broke his rule - I complained.

Then he kissed me.

Author's Note: This novella is Sculpt and Emily's beginning and how they met. It is an extra and not required to be read before Torn from You. Their story and what happens to them is the novel Torn from You.

*Warning* Huge cliff-hanger. Like huge! But With You and Torn from You are released on the same day.





With You is the prequel to Torn from You and is a compelling introduction to the characters of Emily and Sculpt. I'm hooked and am eager to begin the rest of their story.


Emily lost any chance of building self-confidence when her father died when she was 10. Her mom was too self-absorbed and reminding Emily constantly of how she'd ruined her life. She spent most of her teen years with her best friend and her best friend's brother, whose unique circumstances bonded them. A frightening experience sends Emily looking for Sculpt, a fighter, hoping he'll teach her some self-defense moves.

Sculpt is a fighter as well as the lead singer for the band, Tear Asunder. We don't know much else about him other than his past is scary, he doesn't talk about it, and he's over the moon for Emily.

We are witness to these two getting to know one another and falling for each other. And it's heartwarming really, and I enjoyed it. Both Emily and Sculpt have walls put up to keep people from getting in. But, while Emily does some growing, we still don't know that much about Sculpt aside from his feelings for Emily and he doesn't have much character growth. 

Then the night of Emily's first time to see Sculpt's band...BAM!! I'm chomping at the bit to know what happens next!



7 comments:

  1. Cliffhangers... I both love and hate them - they definitely make me want to get my hands on the next book in the series, but at the same time, they frustrate me because I usually have to wait. At least the next book in this series was out on the same day, so you could get your curiosity sated.
    Great review, my dear, I think I'm going to add yet another book to my 'Brandee-recs' shelf on Goodreads ;)
    Have a wonderful weekend, good luck in the marching band competition! *BIG HUGS*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's beneficial to read the prequel before book 1, and sometimes it isn't. I tend to usually opt for option two because that way you're never left feeling confused, and get to spend bonus time with your favourite characters after the fact. Plus, novellas are always WAY to short, and end up leaving you dying to read the first installment, especially if there's a cliffhanger. At least for your sake, the next two titles are already available. I know what you'll be doing this weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another rocker romance!! These rockers can be so intense sometimes they leave me breathless. Mankin had that effect on me & I can tell you had the same experiencehere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah man at the cliffies. But their circumstances getting them together and Emily's growth sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember when Naomi reviewed this book! I either one clicked it, or added to my dying to read shelf on goodreads... And I haven't read it yet! I'm so glad you enjoyed it too - though it sounds like I better have the 1st book ready to go as soon as I finish, or be frustrated! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this one, too! I read it after Franny's suggestion and I ended up liking especially the cliffhanger at the end! I'm all for discovering what happens next... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get onto the next one ASAP, because it had me on the edge of my seat! I loved it, but you knew that!
    Fab review girl!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??