Saturday, July 25, 2015

Beyond the Books ~ Making Memories


Welcome to Beyond the Books. This post was inspired by Lexxie @Unconventional BookviewsUp Close and (Un)conventional, who was inspired by Cuddlebuggery. It's meant to be a way for y'all to get to know me better on a personal level ~ Beyond the Books. ;)


*************

We were in Dallas (that's Texas, y'all) for a week visiting my hubs' family over the last week. (which, by the way, accounts for my radio silence AGAIN...there were wifi issues and we kept getting kicked of the internet so I just gave up) On our last day there, we spent the day at Lewisville Lake with some friends. It was a nice day, but we wouldn't have noticed the heat anyway since we were in the water. 


Being from Texas, my hubs and I spent many a summer day on a boat, in the water, skiing, tubing, and just floating. In Colorado, you don't boat. (okay, some people do...but they're probably 'high' ~ just kidding!) Getting to take our kids out on a boat to enjoy an experience like this meant a lot to us. And the kids had a blast. Our oldest said she didn't realize it would be so much fun since she was envisioning a lake like lakes in Colorado...i.e. ice cold and small. *ha* We did end up getting a little more sun than we wanted, but what's a little sunburn when you're making memories like this?!?





3 comments:

  1. I've been MIA lately too! Making the most of this Summer bonding with friends and traveling. Family time is always a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, gang! :)) And cool, which is more than I can say for us. We have been literally melting over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh! I cannot wait for summer, so we can do this too! Especially after Christmas! Whoop whoop!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??