Wednesday, July 8, 2015

#ShelfLove ~ Best Book No Longer on My Shelf


This month, I get to share with you the best book no longer on my shelf! If you want to check out all the books no longer on my shelf, here's the link to my #ShelfLove shelf on Goodreads. 

I will admit this was a difficult decision. I have quite a few 4.5-5 Bookworm reads on my shelf. In the end, I went with the book from one of my favorite authors - a book that gave me all the feels plus made me feel at home...

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)


With Rock Chick, Kristen Ashley set the bar high for herself. I was more than thrilled to open up The Gamble and fall right into an incredible story. KA delivered exactly what I've come to expect from her - a smart, feisty heroine to cheer for, a swoon-worthy alpha hero that tempts you to knock him upside the head AND lick him, a colorful cast of characters that lend charm not only to the story but also its setting, and a story that keeps you riveted and immersed in the characters' lives. There wasn't one thing I didn't enjoy about The Gamble. I fell in love with Nina and Max, Gnaw Bone, Colorado, and all its quirky inhabitants, and the mystery that kept me guessing til the reveal -- where I was gasping in shock. I'm extremely eager to continue this series!


9 comments:

  1. "knock him upside the head AND lick him" - LOL Those are the absolute best kind of alpha hero IMO ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?!?! KA writes some of the most incredible alphas I've ever had the pleasure to *meet*...and want to knock upside the head while simultaneously wanting to lick. ;) I know you don't read many contemps but I think you'd like KA. She's fun. :) Hope you're doing alright and not floating away. Are you and Zane enjoying summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feisty heroines and alpha males make a yummy fictional mix :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahh all I hear concerning KA is praise. One of these days I am going to make time to read one of her books. I feel like I would really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently read Rock Chick for the first time and loved it. Now I Have to read this, of course. Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it really 679 pages? not sure I can handle that but I downloaded a sample

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title of your post! :) I couldn't pick just one book though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything from this author... keen to see what you think of this one.

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've still not tried her but she's such a nice person and so many friends rave that one day I really am going to have to jump in on them :)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??